Gransnet forums

Chat

Her birthday. A poem on estrangement.

(39 Posts)
Marelli Tue 14-May-19 11:01:43

''50 years on"

Held in my body for 9 short months
My lovely girl, my joy, my perfect girl.
My loving girl, my funny girl, my child.
She's 50 now, this child of mine
Not lost to me, nor I to her,
But quiet now, she's left my life
For reasons I can only guess.
Time strides along, I'm left apart.
My darling girl.
My heart.

SparklyGrandma Tue 14-May-19 20:31:53

Bless you Marelli I too am estranged and live in acceptance that it now won’t change.

But we still love them and can wish them ?

Sara65 Tue 14-May-19 20:35:28

Bonji, we ‘tread on eggshells ‘ with one of our daughters as well, we are often left wondering what we’ve done, but not for long, as she’ll tell us eventually, in no uncertain terms!
But at least we are still altogether, despite our ups and downs, hope you can work something out Morelli

Sar53 Tue 14-May-19 20:41:40

Marelli beautiful words, so heartfelt. I feel for you I really do. flowersxx

Grannyben Tue 14-May-19 20:50:51

Although your daughter is not in contact with you, perhaps you are still in her thoughts today, the person who have her life. I do hope so

Grannyben Tue 14-May-19 20:51:09

Gave !

Marelli Tue 14-May-19 22:30:27

All of your comments have meant so much to me. So much understanding has shone through them all.
Thankyou so much. ?xx

gillybob Tue 14-May-19 23:01:20

Such a lovely poem Marelli but so sad.

What can we do as mother’s? Sometimes I lie in bed and just wait ... as though I can sense something just isn’t right. I lie looking at the phone, willing it to ring but dreading that it might. Sometimes I am right and my worse fears become reality. Sometimes not .

We brought them into this world and we will always love them no matter what.

moggie57 Tue 14-May-19 23:07:55

big hug xxxxx

ffinnochio Tue 14-May-19 23:08:01

Marelli. Such a tender poem and the line I am left apart captures so much. x

grannyactivist Tue 14-May-19 23:22:34

In three years time your poem could be mine marelli. sad (((hugs)))

Marelli Wed 15-May-19 07:29:56

gillybob, we have that 6th sense, don't we? I do know that feeling so well.
ffinnochio, I was sitting in the garden in the early morning sunshine as I wrote my poem. The words just flowed. It means a lot that the words have touched others.
grannyactivist, I hope to goodness that what might happen doesn't happen. In the meantime, please take 'one day at a time'? It really is the only way, isn't it?
Sending love to you all for such kindness. ??

TwiceAsNice Wed 15-May-19 07:56:10

So sad and so heartfelt. I’m so sorry please take care of yourself. I have always written poetry especially when sad I hope it helps you

Urmstongran Wed 15-May-19 09:07:01

What a beautiful poem Marelli it brought a tear to my eye. You expressed your longing so poignantly.

And gillybob I know that feeling so well, looking at my phone with a degree of anxiety ....