Gransnet forums

Chat

Are Gransnetters glowing in the heat?

(82 Posts)
Marilla Tue 25-Jun-19 15:15:30

I always imagine in hot weather to be wearing a pretty dress, sitting relaxed and cool in a deck chair with a book and simply glowing. Instead, I am wearing an old grey tee shirt, Eric Morcombe shorts and the sweat is running down my eyes. My hair is sticking to my neck and forehead and I feel an absolute mess! ? Not a good look! ?

Pittcity Sun 30-Jun-19 08:49:52

It seems that yesterday's tropical weather in East Anglia was a blip and it's much cooler today.

gillybob Sun 30-Jun-19 08:56:37

It was about 18-20 degrees in our garden yesterday afternoon, pleasant but hardly tropical. The problem with being this close to the East Coast is we tend to get the cool breezes straight off the North Sea.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 30-Jun-19 09:01:58

A much better temperature forecast today at 20c+ . I can garden quite happily and sit and relax in that temperature, but at 31c yesterday afternoon we just sit indoors with the blinds pulled and windows wide open for a through draft. Too hot for me.

Fennel Sun 30-Jun-19 10:27:03

Someone mentioned wearing a skirt - last summer was very hot here and I noticed that many of the large women had discarded their tight jeans and gone into skirts.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 30-Jun-19 10:29:51

My garb yesterday was shorts and sleeveless top. Today it’s capris and short sleeved top?. Not keen on skirts. Quite like dresses though.

SparklyGrandma Mon 01-Jul-19 23:47:58

I ordered a tower fan today, for delivery Wednesday. It even has a quiet nighttime setting with a timer, so you can sleep easily but not have it on all night.

Also lots of ice in my freezer, for iced water to drink.