Gransnet forums

Chat

I used to think well of Meghan, but now.....?

(476 Posts)
phoenix Sat 06-Jul-19 18:15:59

Hello all,

As the title says, reallly.

Starting to think she calls the shots hmm and Harry goes along with it.

crystaltipps Sun 07-Jul-19 08:48:43

They’ve “shared some information”- photos. They do “official duties” - I’ve seen the pictures they go on tours etc. Can’t see what else anyone wants. They’re not in the same position as William and his wife, Harry is 6th in line to the throne so way down the pecking order. Let them get on with it without constant harping on about how unsuitable/ unroyal she is and how they aren’t letting us poke our nose into everything they do.

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 08:58:06

They need to remember they are minor royals

Whitewavemark2 Sun 07-Jul-19 09:17:50

There is a good article today by Barbara Ellen, which I thought measured and fair.
“Prince Harry And Meghan are being criticised for keeping their sonArchie’s godparents a secret.
Many people feel, that as they receive money from the civic purse, they have no right to withhold such information. Sure H&M should probably have given up this information - concealing it only makes the story bigger (GN anyone?) Other than that, why should they feel obliged?
What exactly do people think they are buying with the money we give the royals?
I’d have thought it related to undertaking public duties as active representatives of the royal family.
Few would deny that the couple have mor3 than fulfilled this brief, and appear to be constantly working as part of the Firm.
However, what’s this got to do with being pressured to divulge every detail of family life?...................
Given the hostility that M has endured (by certain sectors of the media) perhaps she is feeling over-protective on matters relating to her child (I for one would not blame her).
Are the couple to be allowed nothing of their own? Of course the royals “ owe us” when they receive money from the public purse, but that doesn’t mean that they have sold their soul.”

Aepgirl Sun 07-Jul-19 09:33:36

Does she make him wear this light grey suits all the time, too?

BusterTank Sun 07-Jul-19 09:38:21

That girl will be the undoing of the royal family , Mark my word's .

123coco Sun 07-Jul-19 09:42:14

Here we go again. Let’s bash someone new to our country. Why do you all think you have a right to be so judgemental about them. Nobody ever said anything about the Chanel clothes etc Diana wore. Just back off. Is it any wonder Harry wants to protect his child !!

NanaKay58 Sun 07-Jul-19 09:42:30

I don't see any reason at all why harry should not want his son in the limelight? Do you?

deanswaydolly Sun 07-Jul-19 09:46:41

Spot on

NanaKay58 Sun 07-Jul-19 09:49:06

She's a woman, not "girl" Bustertank. Do you call Harry, "boy"? Or is he the wrong colour for that...or perhaps she's the wrong colour for him?

Can't believe they are being hounded already, someone needs to warn them away from tunnels...

trisher Sun 07-Jul-19 09:51:40

Perhaps the godparents would prefer not to be named and H&M are just respecting their privacy. Personally I couldn't care less about the Christening of a child I don't know, and wouldn't a big public ceremony have cost more?

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 09:54:57

There has never been a public ceremony for a Windsor baptism

DanniRae Sun 07-Jul-19 09:59:19

To be honest I really couldn't care less who the godparents are!

Gonegirl Sun 07-Jul-19 10:01:00

I was a bit shocked about this

Talk about whatever Meghan wants Meghan gets.

NanaSuzy Sun 07-Jul-19 10:03:27

After M married H I got a box set of 'Suits' (never seen it B4). It's an amazing leap from there to here. So odd that a couple of generations ago lives were wrecked (David aka Edward VIII) and Princess Margaret, cos they couldn't marry where they wished. One gave up his privileges and was miserable, the other kept her royal status and was miserable. Just devoutly glad I'm not in 'The Firm'. Though I do like having the Royal Family~!

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 10:04:10

I can’t remember who the Godparents of William’s three children are, never heard of any Godparents of the Windsor
family being hounded by the press .

‘Don’t name them we will get more press coverage ?’

Notsooldat75 Sun 07-Jul-19 10:06:06

Very good point, Annie.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 07-Jul-19 10:07:45

Well GN has certainly fulfilled that criteria.

craftyone Sun 07-Jul-19 10:11:03

She is being canny, getting as much wealth together any which way and diamonds can be stashed and hidden. I was open minded at first but she is a user and when all energy is drained, then she drops them. There are many people who have experienced far worse than Harry, who live on a knife edge, who get on with it, who have real jobs. Cake and eat it for sparkles. She will drop him one day and he is appearing to be a very weak person, the only real job he had was when in the army. He could do so much for humanity but I am afraid is all talk and has now been swallowed whole by a fame hungry D grade actress who dumped her own dad, when he had nothing left to give her

Gonegirl Sun 07-Jul-19 10:28:27

Think I might be coming round to agreeing with you craftyone, now I've read about that ring. How could she? Harry designed it himself for her!

merlotgran Sun 07-Jul-19 10:29:10

Charlie van Straubenzee has been named as one of the godfathers so it's only a matter of (very short) time before the others are named.

What on earth was the point in keeping them secret?

If they'd allowed the cameras to film them arriving and leaving the chapel, as the Cambridge's do, all the speculation and criticism would have been avoided and by tomorrow everyone would have forgotten about the dratted christening.

blondenana Sun 07-Jul-19 10:29:54

Agree with Bustertank and craftyone i think Harry is so obsessed with Meghan he will do whatever she suggests
He wont be the first to ne influenced by someone they are madly in love with
Harry has changed so much since his marriage, that i think it's obvious who wears the trousers in that marriage
Sorry to be a pessimist, but i think she will end up being a loose cannon

Anniebach Sun 07-Jul-19 10:31:55

More press coverage over Archie’s birth than little George,
Kate arrives at hospital, side entrance, public and press wait on pavements, birth announced, Kate William with baby leave the hospital, stand for few minutes at main entrance,
crowd cheer, photographers snap , Into car, end of.

Archie’s birth, the announcement that there will be no announcement, press speculates day after day.

Announcement, it’s a boy, Harry makes an appearance at the stables in Windsor press invited, media continue to speculate, Harry and Megan plus baby make appearance in a corridor in Windsor , press invited, baby’s face hidden , more press coverage.

This is how one gets more press coverage

merlotgran Sun 07-Jul-19 10:34:59

It's all about manipulation and control.

I read somewhere that they're already on they're third nanny. That surely can't be true? grin

sweetpea Sun 07-Jul-19 10:35:17

I can't understand how unkind and vitriolic some of the posts are that we get on GN. Have you never heard the expression 'if you can't say something nice about someone, best say nothing at all'?

merlotgran Sun 07-Jul-19 10:35:25

their.