Gransnet forums

Chat

So upset

(32 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 30-Aug-19 12:41:30

And angry, so angry.

My grandson has passed his exams and is now a chartered accountant.

They wouldn’t listen to me when I begged for help for my darling daughter, they let her die.

She loved him so much , encouraged him , her husband and three children will celebrate together but she isn’t here.

morethan2 Fri 30-Aug-19 22:45:09

Oh Anniebach I’m so sorry. Grief is so very hard to bear. It washes over us causing unbearable pain. A great big (((hug)))

Cherrytree59 Fri 30-Aug-19 21:03:24

Annie I know you are incredibly proud of grandson.

After what he has been through, this is young man has done remarkably well.

At the end of the day, he is his mum's son and her genes have come through.

Your darling daughter lives on through her children and their achievements.

When I look at my Grandsons, I see bits both parents, a smile, a turn of the head or even a cheeky grin.

I wish your DGS well in his new career.

Annie Catherine is at peace and with her father. ?.

I hope you manage a peaceful nightmoon xxxx

Callistemon Fri 30-Aug-19 20:43:25

Congratulations to your grandson, Anniebach.
It is a time of mixed emotions for you, and I am sure for the family too.

flowers

Nandalot Fri 30-Aug-19 20:09:21

Annie, what a mix of emotions you must be feeling. You must be so proud of your grandson but , of course, the pain of losing your daughter will be so strong.
Thinking of you.

Iam64 Fri 30-Aug-19 19:04:52

Great news for your grandson x

Ginny42 Fri 30-Aug-19 19:03:47

Sometimes happy memories hurt the most Anniebach. Celebrate for her sake and be happy for your grandson. Must have been your maths coaching Annie! wink Virtual hugs and flowers on this special day.

Willow500 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:56:36

Such a day of mixed emotions for you Annie - pride at what your grandson has achieved as well as such overwhelming sadness his mum isn't there to see it flowers

Anniebach Fri 30-Aug-19 18:53:06

Just another memory came to me, my grandson loved maths, I hated maths, he use to stay with me often at weekends,only
lived 10 minute walk away. I would record Countdown every day, on Saturdays fast forward through the recordings to the maths .

When he got a 1st in economics she phoned, said ‘Mum a 1st,
all those years you struggled through Countdown did it ?

nanaK54 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:39:00

Sending kindest thoughts to you flowers and huge congratulations to your grandson

Anniebach Fri 30-Aug-19 18:38:13

Thank you all for your kindness.

I was upset this morning, my son in law telephoned me, his voice broke a little when he said ‘she should be here’.

Then memories flooded back, all his exams, a phone call from her, Mum he got etc. I missed that phone call this morning.

Again thank you x

trueblue22 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:17:56

annie you can be so proud on your daughter's behalf.

I believe our lost loved ones are still around, but we can't see them. Maybe she was there in some way to make sure her son got through.

Don't be sad, be proud and happy. Share this in your mind's eye with your DD.

I hope I haven't offended you, but I do believe our dear loved ones are around, especially at these special times. Xx

glammanana Fri 30-Aug-19 17:43:48

Annie I wish I could give you a hug but I'll send one instead ((hug)).
Take some congratulations for yourself and your DD for giving this young man a good start in life and be proud of his achievements,your DD will be watching over him thats for sure. flowers

Greenfinch Fri 30-Aug-19 17:14:33

You can imagine how she would have felt had she been here and it is that that hurts.She should be here and it's just not fair. I truly understand your anger.

Squiffy Fri 30-Aug-19 17:05:54

Annie Congratulations to your Grandson. How wonderful after all that the family’s been through. Congratulations to you, too, after all you brought up your DD which enabled her to know how to do her best for him. ?

lemongrove Fri 30-Aug-19 16:27:01

Annie ?
But you can be so proud of him both for you and for your DD.
He has done so well, despite the pain of bereavement.

BlueBelle Fri 30-Aug-19 15:38:47

No words Anniebach ??

cornergran Fri 30-Aug-19 15:36:37

I’m so sorry you’re so upset annie. A huge hug for you and so many congratulations to your grandson. Love to you and your family.

merlotgran Fri 30-Aug-19 15:29:19

She would be very proud of him, Annie. Enjoy his success on behalf of your DD.

crazyH Fri 30-Aug-19 15:11:35

Congratulations to your grandson, Annie......believe me, your daughter is celebrating with you, believe me flowers

Framilode Fri 30-Aug-19 15:06:27

This must be unbearably sad for you but I hope you can also feel some of the pride your daughter would have felt today. Congratulations to your grandson. It's a marvellous achievement.

KatyK Fri 30-Aug-19 14:22:36

That's so sad Annie flowers

Carillion01 Fri 30-Aug-19 14:11:21

Annie, I mean every day to contact you ...as a sixth month member of GN to say how much I value everything you post.

I might be a stranger to you but you are an inspiration. I echo everything Lucky says.
???

Luckygirl Fri 30-Aug-19 14:07:27

Her legacy lives on in her son. Congratulations to him for his achievement - try to see it as hers too. flowers

Namsnanny Fri 30-Aug-19 14:03:11

Annie I feel for you flowers

Can I ask areyou invited to spend time celebrating with them?
You could stand in as her ‘ambassador’ mark her presence as it were?

dragonfly46 Fri 30-Aug-19 13:48:03

Oh Annie I feel your pain and feel so sad for you. It was your darling daughter who gave him the chance to achieve this. I am sure they will all be thinking of her. It will be a celebration tinged with sadness. Sending you hugs xx