Gransnet forums

Chat

Looking forward

(79 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Sep-19 14:03:13

Oh Goody!
An email just now from the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, announces their forthcoming events one of which is pictured.
I saw Martin Shaw in The Country Wife and enjoyed it very much.
I shall book a table for a friend and myself at the Riverside Restaurant on the River Wey and next to the theatre.
There is much to look forward to this Autumn/Winter and theatre visits plus trips to various Christmas Fayres are part of that excitement for me.
How about your plans for this coming season?

SilverDarlings12 Thu 19-Sep-19 23:55:07

Grabiella G54 Thank you for starting this thread, so
cheery. Slainte+

annodomini Thu 19-Sep-19 23:09:44

I'm not a bit envious of those of you who have plans. I've done a lot in my life and am very grateful to have done it while I had the health and strength. Yes, my horizons are shrinking though I'd sure I have a few more interesting trips in me. I can still go up to Scotland a few times a year and also visit my sons and families in the south. I'm joining a U3A History group to re-kindle my interest in history of all kinds. If I can find an Archaeology group I will join that too, though doubt if I would be physically up to excavating!
Go for it if you can. And enjoy life.

GabriellaG54 Thu 19-Sep-19 22:09:57

Babs758
Well, wherever you're playing shortly, 'Break a leg'. ☘
I hope your reunion goes well too. ?

GabriellaG54 Thu 19-Sep-19 22:03:39

He'd be about 76 Pantglas2
He was a plumber.

Babs758 Thu 19-Sep-19 10:51:24

Celebrating my sister in law’s 60th very shortly; have organised a reunion for some ladies who all worked in the same workplace over the last ten years, some now working elsewhere, some have retired but all have stayed in touch via email and fB so thought it might be fun to do a physical meet. I put the word out and 10 people signees up and we are all looking forward to it.
Playing in a show shortly not too far from Guildford!

@Gabrielle, I played in South Pacific in the Yvonne arnaud years ago one very hot summer. The aircon broke down the the pipes above us condensed so we had to play with constant drips of water on our heads. It was rather distracting....

No ideas for Christmas yet, might be a quiet one this year....

Pantglas2 Thu 19-Sep-19 10:39:08

Don’t know him GabriellaG54 but my husband might - how old is he?

Silver Fountain was still open last time we passed - haven’t been there for a drink in donkeys!

GabriellaG54 Wed 18-Sep-19 23:07:15

Gonegirl
Woodburner, fairy lights, book, hot chocolate...all get my vote especially after a walk in the crisp autumn/winter air.

I echo that crystaltipps.
I hope some comments don't dampen your enthusiasm for posting your ' looking forward to...' plans.

Alima
sad to read of your present family circumstances.
Thoughts won't take away your pain but rest assured, we are with you in spirit and hope you can carry the load with our support.
???

GabriellaG54 Wed 18-Sep-19 22:49:34

Noooo Pantglas
I knew a guy named Robert (Robin) Williams from Mill Street, Llanwrst.
Do you know the Silver Fountain (pub)?

MawB Tue 17-Sep-19 19:02:22

We don't all have the health, means or husbands to do things with
No we don’t Kircubbin so we take a deep breath and do what we can by ourselves

Coolgran65 Tue 17-Sep-19 18:06:52

Next week we are going to the theatre to see a new local comedian. It's been booked for ages. Then last week I saw him briefly on tv...... Not impressed. Let's hope his live show is an improvement.

I'm October we are heading to Malta for a week. We were there three years ago and loved it. As we haven't had a proper holiday since then it's a real treat. We've had a few weekends away but nothing beats still week with ensured sunshine.

Gonegirl Tue 17-Sep-19 16:43:19

Legoland?!!! confused

I'm going to the seaside. grin

annsixty Tue 17-Sep-19 15:20:23

Oh dear, hurry up Wayne Rooney.

annsixty Tue 17-Sep-19 15:16:45

Alima I am so embarrassed to admit I don’t know how they are doing ?
Since one of their oldest and most loyal fans died I have not kept up.
I know they lost their manager to the Premier league but no more. I shall check the next thing I do.

Isn’t it a good thing we can rise above it all and concentrate on the really important things in life?

Alima Tue 17-Sep-19 15:08:57

Most of the time I look forward to reading Gransnet! Have a wonderful trip Callistemon. Do hope you enjoy Legoland Gonegirl, must be liberating staying there with no kids in tow. Keep the faith annsixty, if we look forward for long enough DCFC will win again!

Gonegirl Tue 17-Sep-19 14:03:56

Thank you minty!

Oopsminty Tue 17-Sep-19 14:00:24

Have a lovely giraffe-free time, Gonegirl!

Grammaretto Tue 17-Sep-19 13:56:23

I am reading this on the bus into Edinburgh so ofcourse i wanted to read the post mentioning our wonderful city and then i kept on reading the thread.
I am looking forward to a fairly quiet Autumn but i make for craft fairs and i have plenty of them.
I would love to go to the William Blake exhibition at the Tate Britain.
I am looking forward to our GN meet up next week!

Gonegirl Tue 17-Sep-19 13:55:02

Yes, I was. This is a last minute thing. DH wants to revisit the place we used to take the kids when they were tiny. I've told him it will be all changed now but, oh well, looks like the hotel does good brekkers . ?

annsixty Tue 17-Sep-19 13:35:54

Weren’t you away last week or the week before gone girl?
Be careful you will be getting yourself talked about.??

Gonegirl Tue 17-Sep-19 13:33:37

Callistemon have a great time. Good for you.

Gonegirl Tue 17-Sep-19 13:31:44

I'm going to nice hotel tomorrow for two nights. I am actually quite glad there will be no giraffes. But, whatever lights your candle. Or floats your boat. ?

Gonegirl Tue 17-Sep-19 13:30:00

kirkubbin2000 how could you say that to Alima after her post?! Incredible.

Oopsminty Tue 17-Sep-19 13:28:03

Lovely to read about all the excitement lined up for some of you.

As for the lady going to the Giraffe Hotel... well how brilliant! I'd love to go there. Giraffes are so fabulous!

Have a wonderful time!

I'm not up to much but am looking forward to Christmas

kircubbin2000 Tue 17-Sep-19 13:20:01

Removed due to user request

Callistemon Tue 17-Sep-19 12:23:38

kircubbin After operations, treatment (ongoing) and possibky face another operation when we return we are having a lovely break.
DH will plunge straight back into his charity work (and I will help him) so, in the meantime, we hope to enjoy ourselves away from Boris and Brexit.

Sorry if that offends.

Alima flowers