Gransnet forums

Chat

LAST NIGHT OF THE PROMS

(31 Posts)
Lyndiloo Sun 15-Sep-19 04:52:44

I was a bit shocked tonight on watching the last night of the proms, to see the guest female singer (sorry, can't remember her name) to suddenly pull out a Gay Rights flag after her rendering of 'Rule Britannia'. Not the right time or the right place, in my opinion.

Also, does the EU flag have a place here? I think not!

Dottynan Sun 22-Sep-19 07:29:05

Greenfinch. It is a pedestrian crossing painted as the gay flag

crystaltipps Sun 22-Sep-19 07:49:40

In London there are gay traffic lights - Trafalgar Square. Now in Manchester too.
metro.co.uk/2016/09/18/gay-and-here-to-stay-lgbt-traffic-lights-wont-be-removed-6135953/

Greyduster Sun 22-Sep-19 08:19:37

I love the Proms, but may be alone in absolutely hating the LNOP, so I stopped watching it some time ago. I groan inwardly (and sometimes outwardly) at Land of Hope and Glory and all the flag waving; but, chacun a son gout! (Ducks behind sofa wearing tin hat!).

Greenfinch Mon 23-Sep-19 11:11:07

Thanks Dottynan I haven't come across one yet.

ElaineI Mon 23-Sep-19 16:18:45

Interesting about crossings but a bit odd as I thought they just resembled traffic lights - red to stop and green to go so where is the need for doubling up the light signal. I don't identify a green man on a crossing as male, female, trans etc or anything else other than it is safe to cross. Don't really have time to think about it!