Gransnet forums

Chat

Catherine’s choice of clothes .

(40 Posts)
Birdwatcher4 Fri 18-Oct-19 11:32:38

What did granet ladies think of her choice of outfits on her tour of India with William .

MawB Fri 18-Oct-19 11:39:41

Wasn’t it Pakistan?
Not the same country you know hmm

Birdwatcher4 Fri 18-Oct-19 12:00:44

Oh dear yes you are right did you like her outfits ?

mumofmadboys Fri 18-Oct-19 12:03:12

I don't mean to be rude but does it matter what Kate wore at all as long as she was covered up and didn't offend anyone? Surely it is more important that the Royal visit improves understanding and communication between our two countries and helps in some very small way towards World Unity and peace.

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 12:04:34

Absolutely beautiful. As did all the people she met by the look of things.

Oopsminty Fri 18-Oct-19 12:07:11

I adored her outfits. Many years ago there was a quirky boutique in Liverpool. They sold this type of outfit and I had 3 of 4.

I'd wear them bits too be honest.

Very elegant and flattering

Oopsminty Fri 18-Oct-19 12:08:08

I meant to say 'I'd wear them now'

My phone has a mind of its own

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 12:09:50

I liked William in his long jacket too. I was tempted a while back to buy one of those for DGS. Pretty sure he wouldn't wear it now though.

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 12:10:19

Although he could pin his XR badge on it perfectly well.

Birdwatcher4 Fri 18-Oct-19 12:11:42

Yes I quite agree with you both it’s just that friend of mind thought they should have been more “ English looking “ ??‍♀️ takes all sorts as they say .

elfies Fri 18-Oct-19 12:11:53

A beautiful ambassador for our country. Tasteful, non controversial, and always discrete and well spoken . As a commoner doing a royal job, she shows more respect to the queen than many true born royals.
Her clothes are in keeping with her position and if she were my daughter ,I'd be so proud of her dignity .
Well done Catherine x

Oopsminty Fri 18-Oct-19 12:12:27

Maybe you could get him one and sew a large XR stencil on the back?

I think they're gorgeous. So elegant

trisher Fri 18-Oct-19 12:15:10

It used to be known as "going native" when Britains adopted the local style of dress, and was frowned upon. Now it's apparently the height of good manners. Personally I don't care what she wears, but you have to wonder "why?"

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 12:15:47

If they'd have worn anything more "English looking" they might well have been chucked out!

Yes Minty. I said that. hmm wink

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 12:16:30

Only joking Minty. The stencil would be a good idea. smile

Fennel Fri 18-Oct-19 12:36:38

I've always fancied buying a salwar kameez, trouser suit worn in India and Pakistan.
I think Kate might be setting a more modest trend in womens' clothes. not just Pakistani. I've noticed the clothes now in the shops are more prim and covered up.

EllanVannin Fri 18-Oct-19 12:45:56

I'd wear one. I think they're lovely outfits to wear in the summer.
As for Kate wearing one in Pakistan-----when in Rome,eh ?

petra Fri 18-Oct-19 12:58:00

Fennel
I wore one for my daughters wedding. It was pale grey and silver. I didn't want the clinched in ankle on the trousers so mine were very slim fit.

Fennel Fri 18-Oct-19 13:35:53

Maybe I'll buy one for next summer.
Set a new fashion in the orthodox Jewish community where we live shock.

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 13:44:14

Kate has an amazing figure and always looks lovely IMO. The clothes she wore in Pakistan were very flattering. She's a credit to the monarchy and by all accounts it was a very successful tour.

I also doubt they will drop any bombshells to ruin the goodwill by deciding to sue the press for some past offence that we'd all forgotten about, before their plane has even touched down.

Jane10 Fri 18-Oct-19 13:52:53

She looked absolutely beautiful in all those outfits. I noticed, crucially, that she has a very natural smile and genuinely looked as though she was happy. What a positive addition she is to the Royal family.

Alexa Fri 18-Oct-19 14:04:07

That duchess is elegant . Her lack of ostentation can't go wrong anywhere.

Liz46 Fri 18-Oct-19 14:06:18

I read somewhere that people are speculating that she is pregnant again. They have taken their doctor with them. If she is, then she is looking well.

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 14:10:27

Loved her clothes, she is so elegant, and such a warm smile .

No need to wonder why she wore what she did, Camilla did the same when she and Charles made an official visit there.

No hand gripping thank heaven

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 14:12:23

I very much doubt she is pregnant. She was absolutely floored by morning sickness with her other pregnancies and couldn't even manage to take George to his first day at school.

Don't they always take a doctor with them?