Gransnet forums

Chat

Catherine’s choice of clothes .

(41 Posts)
Birdwatcher4 Fri 18-Oct-19 11:32:38

What did granet ladies think of her choice of outfits on her tour of India with William .

Anniebach Thu 24-Oct-19 11:19:56

a Sweet photograph of Catherine in a plastic tiara

www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/10159662/kate-middleton-tiara-plastic-toy-tea-party-pakistan-tour-hospital/

JenniferEccles Thu 24-Oct-19 11:13:03

The clothes were lovely. Elegant and totally appropriate for the tour.

In fact the entire visit was a complete success.

What a contrast with Harry and Meghan’s tour which turned out to be all them.

BlueSapphire Sat 19-Oct-19 13:38:00

I thought she looked lovely and very elegant.
When I lived in Singapore I had a sarong kebaya made for me - a very elegant tightly fitted jacket and long skirt in batik fabric. I think it might be called cultural appropriation now......
I used to sing with the Radio Singapore choir and our outfit if we did a concert was a sarong bajuba - a long skirt, loose long-sleeved tunic top and a long scarf worn over one shoulder.

petra Sat 19-Oct-19 12:25:02

If you search 'Good quality' shalwar Kameez you will get the more expensive ones.
I had mine made by a shop near me as I wanted to make sure that it fitted properly.

KatyK Sat 19-Oct-19 12:12:50

callgirl May I ask what the quality of the clothes on that site is like? I've just had a look and there are some lovely tops. They are only £3.50 and I am a bit wary! Thank you.

Jabberwok Fri 18-Oct-19 19:45:28

I think they're a fantastic couple, elegant and caring, great Ambassadors for Britain. Katherine is absolutely right for the monarchy going into the 21st century, and William is -lovely, as are their gorgeous children!

H1954 Fri 18-Oct-19 17:48:05

And before someone shoots me down..........I know I have make a spelling mistake..........SAREES!!!!!!

H1954 Fri 18-Oct-19 17:45:54

I thought the outfits were very elegant and appropriate for the country she is visiting. Like some others have said, I'd wear them and I'm always fascinated by ladies in saris too, beautiful fabrics and stunning colours!

Jane10 Fri 18-Oct-19 17:45:32

Thanks Callgirl1. I'll definitely check that website.

callgirl1 Fri 18-Oct-19 17:39:56

Sorry, that should have been www.rupalionline.com

callgirl1 Fri 18-Oct-19 17:39:16

Teetime, try Rupalionline.com, I`ve had a few nice tunics from there.

NanKate Fri 18-Oct-19 15:49:34

I think she has looked stunning and appears to have no airs and graces. She will make a lovely Queen, sadly I won’t be here to see it. ?

Calendargirl Fri 18-Oct-19 15:23:20

Re the doctor. I read that usually the Queen and Charles are the only ones who take one with them. But when I read how many staff have accompanied W and C on this visit, why not a doctor also?
?‍⚕️

Teetime Fri 18-Oct-19 14:53:03

I thought she looked lovely. Beautiful clothes which if I knew where to get some I would love those for evening wear.

Cherrytree59 Fri 18-Oct-19 14:32:58

Both looked lovely.
Hopefully helping our fashion industry.

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 14:12:23

I very much doubt she is pregnant. She was absolutely floored by morning sickness with her other pregnancies and couldn't even manage to take George to his first day at school.

Don't they always take a doctor with them?

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 14:10:27

Loved her clothes, she is so elegant, and such a warm smile .

No need to wonder why she wore what she did, Camilla did the same when she and Charles made an official visit there.

No hand gripping thank heaven

Liz46 Fri 18-Oct-19 14:06:18

I read somewhere that people are speculating that she is pregnant again. They have taken their doctor with them. If she is, then she is looking well.

Alexa Fri 18-Oct-19 14:04:07

That duchess is elegant . Her lack of ostentation can't go wrong anywhere.

Jane10 Fri 18-Oct-19 13:52:53

She looked absolutely beautiful in all those outfits. I noticed, crucially, that she has a very natural smile and genuinely looked as though she was happy. What a positive addition she is to the Royal family.

merlotgran Fri 18-Oct-19 13:44:14

Kate has an amazing figure and always looks lovely IMO. The clothes she wore in Pakistan were very flattering. She's a credit to the monarchy and by all accounts it was a very successful tour.

I also doubt they will drop any bombshells to ruin the goodwill by deciding to sue the press for some past offence that we'd all forgotten about, before their plane has even touched down.

Fennel Fri 18-Oct-19 13:35:53

Maybe I'll buy one for next summer.
Set a new fashion in the orthodox Jewish community where we live shock.

petra Fri 18-Oct-19 12:58:00

Fennel
I wore one for my daughters wedding. It was pale grey and silver. I didn't want the clinched in ankle on the trousers so mine were very slim fit.

EllanVannin Fri 18-Oct-19 12:45:56

I'd wear one. I think they're lovely outfits to wear in the summer.
As for Kate wearing one in Pakistan-----when in Rome,eh ?

Fennel Fri 18-Oct-19 12:36:38

I've always fancied buying a salwar kameez, trouser suit worn in India and Pakistan.
I think Kate might be setting a more modest trend in womens' clothes. not just Pakistani. I've noticed the clothes now in the shops are more prim and covered up.