Gransnet forums

Chat

Advice please to remove labels

(32 Posts)
Alexa Wed 20-Nov-19 09:02:05

Labels sewn into the back of the neck area are often hard nylon type fabric and they scratch my neck. I try to cut them out but when the garment is a jumper I sometimes leave holes as the stitches are small and tight.

Please does anyone know how to remove or cover up these labels?

Alexa Sat 23-Nov-19 10:05:58

JackyB I like your method with scratchy labels and will do that .I'll use squares of soft old hankie, unhemmed, and longish tacking stitches.

Hetty58 Sat 23-Nov-19 10:41:48

Why (oh why) do they have to put labels in the back neckline anyway? Life is too short for all this aggravation and I'm quite happy with the inside seam label. Come on, M & S, get rid of them - it'll save some costs too!

annodomini Sat 23-Nov-19 11:50:14

I have the same issue with Woolovers products and, despite using a stitch ripper to remove the labels, I do have a couple of jumpers with tiny holes where I missed the stitch. I also think that the stitching is smaller now than when I first bought their garments. I can't abide the scratchy feeling and find myself squirming if even a vestige of label is left behind.

grandtanteJE65 Sun 24-Nov-19 13:02:21

If you find a stitch ripper impossible to use due to poor eyesight, then you need a lamp with magnifying glass.

They are invaluable for threading needles, unpicking stitches and a million other jobs that become quite impossible as our eyesight deteriorates.

You can often find them in charity shops, as most elderly and old people have them, so in the course of time the end in a house clearance lot.

Purpledaffodil Sun 24-Nov-19 13:22:13

Willow that’s why they’re called security tabs??I had one left in a dress I was planning to wear for an event. Ended up with it banging against my legs all night. And you do wonder why they don’t set the alarms off at the time.

Alexa Mon 25-Nov-19 14:07:38

Good idea Grandtante!