Gransnet forums

Chat

Boy! Do we need sun glasses right now!

(7 Posts)
annodomini Thu 05-Dec-19 19:39:24

I have been caught out by the low sun this week and the sun visor in the car is nothing like low enough to counteract the dazzle. However, I'd find it difficult if I wore sunglasses because although the sun is dazzling, you quickly dive into deep shade in which sunglasses would be dangerous. I do have a pair of clip-on sunglasses which can be flipped up when I encounter shade - but I put them away at the end of summer and goodness knows where!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Dec-19 19:07:50

Sunglasses for me when driving this week ??

ayse Thu 05-Dec-19 18:31:28

Wish my local optician had a special offer. I’d leap at the chance

vena11 Thu 05-Dec-19 18:29:29

When I have been out walking this week I have been wearing my sunglasses, even with them on its difficult to see.

Suki70 Thu 05-Dec-19 17:40:27

Here in S London I've worn my sunglasses every day this week - bright sunlight. Sorry!

Grandad1943 Thu 05-Dec-19 17:20:23

Sunglasses sell far better then many people would expect at this time of the year.

With the sun being constantly low in the sky during daylight hours is very easy for drivers to become "dazzled" while travelling.

Therefore, it can be good practise to keep a pair of sunglasses handy to the driving position or preferably wear a pair of transition sunglasses all the time while driving.

It should be remembered that many road accidents occur in December due to the circumstance of drivers having difficulty in vision due to low angled sunlight

grandtanteJE65 Thu 05-Dec-19 14:31:22

It made me chuckle to see that a local firm of opticians has a offer of 40% off sun glasses right now!

Considering that it has rained persistently since the end of September and that we can count on fewer fingers than those of one hand the times we have actually seen the sun in the dreich weather we have been having, I somehow don't think they will sell a lot of sun glasses.