Gransnet forums

Chat

Ed Balls In Euro land BBC

(5 Posts)
POGS Thu 20-Feb-20 21:51:07

Yes it's a BBC Series and I could have started a thread in News and Politics or TV forums but I thought it was worthy of asking if anybody is watching this series, I think he presents it very well.

He travels to EU countries such as Poland, Germany, France, Italy asking what they think of the EU and why they have voted as they have.

There was a common thought and opinion throughout and all I will say it is interesting. Everybody will have their own opinion and I have not started this thread looking for our personal opinions on Politics that raise bad tempers and usually a bun fight I am simply asking if you watched it as it is enlightening, albeit we don't learn anything we don't know.

Joelsnan Thu 20-Feb-20 22:54:59

Yes I watched it. I found it very interesting to understand that all countries visited had same/similar concerns amongst the working classes that are expressed here.
Ed Balls was a great presenter and wasn’t afraid to confront some worrying issues. I also think some of his own perceptions were challenged.

POGS Thu 20-Feb-20 23:07:56

Joelsnan

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say, that has been my take on it too.

Deedaa Fri 21-Feb-20 10:12:48

I always like Ed. He always seems genuinely interested in what people have to say.

popsis71 Fri 21-Feb-20 10:50:50

I enjoyed this series. I thought that EB got down to some very worrying issues that are evident in contemporary politics and set about analysing them - something that politicians that are actually in power seem loathe to do.