Gransnet forums

Chat

Phone call purports to be from Amazon

(13 Posts)
Wheniwasyourage Sat 07-Mar-20 11:47:41

Just noticed - MerylStreep suggested it first!

Wheniwasyourage Sat 07-Mar-20 11:45:57

You're welcome, Alexa smile

Alexa Fri 06-Mar-20 12:58:58

Thanks Wheniwasyourage, I have taken my card off Amazon.

soop Tue 03-Mar-20 14:51:06

It's a scam. We've had two calls. Idiots!

Daddima Tue 03-Mar-20 14:46:42

Panorama was about the scammers last night. I’ve just watched it on iplayer.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 03-Mar-20 14:36:19

I took my credit card off the Amazon site after reading about someone who was due to get a new credit card and Amazon knew the number before she did. Now on the rare occasions when I want to buy something I get an Amazon gift voucher from Tesco and use that to pay. That means that I usually have a couple of pounds left in my account, but I think it's worth it for the peace of mind.

Also, if I inadvertently press the wrong button (again) and mistakenly sign up for Prime, they can't charge me for it. grin

MiniMoon Tue 03-Mar-20 13:51:13

This is one of several that I get every week. Others tell me that my internet services are about to be terminated, or its BT technical services or TalkTalk technical department. I just put the phone down after blocking the number.

FlexibleFriend Tue 03-Mar-20 13:28:04

It's an everyday occurrence here so I just leave the phone on the arm of the sofa till I remember to hang up.

SalsaQueen Tue 03-Mar-20 12:28:09

I work at a sheltered housing complex, and 3 of the elderly residents there got calls the other week.

MerylStreep Tue 03-Mar-20 11:04:10

Alexa
As I've said before ( fraud on Amazon) remove your card from the site. Put it back on when you next order.
There is a lot more fraud on Amazon than is generally known.
So if your card isn't on the site, you are safe.

Ilovecheese Tue 03-Mar-20 10:38:34

Defoe spam!

Ilovecheese Tue 03-Mar-20 10:38:10

Yes, we get one practically every day!

Alexa Tue 03-Mar-20 10:28:33

This unsolicited phone call is an automated voice invites me to press 1 to talk to a manager about my Amazon account.

I presume it's a scam and have not responded. Does anybpdy here have any info about unsolicited calls 'from Amazon' ?