Gransnet forums

Chat

No wedding

(8 Posts)
evianers Fri 06-Mar-20 12:03:39

Just heard from my English friend in Switzerland that her daughter's long-planned wedding fest can now no longer take place as gatherings there of more than 100 people are now banned because of Covid19. This has naturally been planned for months and although they will hold the civil ceremony [mandatory in CH] at the registry office, the family party is no longer. What a shame for them.

Septimia Fri 06-Mar-20 12:07:17

That's a real shame for them, but it might give them a good story to tell in years to come! I hope they - and their families - will come through this tricky time safe and well and be able to have a big celebration later.

Sunlover Fri 06-Mar-20 12:45:20

My son is getting married in Corfu in June. Wedding has been planned and mostly paid for. Big family do with around 100 attending. Worrying now that all the plans will be for nothing. They will be heartbroken if they have to cancel. Fingers crossed that the heat of spring and early summer in Greece will be in their favour.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 06-Mar-20 14:09:51

What a pity. I hope they can get a refund and hold the party on their first wedding anniversary.

Mapleleaf Wed 11-Mar-20 15:30:33

It is a worry and such a shame. I imagine there are lots of people worrying about this as they will have organised weddings and venues, some abroad. There will be others who are travelling to weddings, too, in this country and abroad, wondering if they will, in fact, get there. Let's hope things calm down sooner rather than later.

TrendyNannie6 Wed 11-Mar-20 15:34:58

That’s a real shame, hope it all goes well for them, and hopefully they can have a big celebration at a later date

jaylucy Wed 11-Mar-20 15:35:19

Could be worse - if you are in Northern Italy, not only weddings have been banned but funerals too.

Granny23 Wed 11-Mar-20 15:58:31

DD who is a funeral celebrant, has been in discussion with the local funeral directors regarding funerals during a lockdown or quarantine situation, particularly if the deceased has succumbed to Covid19. It appears that the Funeral Directors already have guidelines in place for these situations. Protective clothing for undertakers and mainly private burials or cremations, with a service of remembrance at a later date e.g. a birthday or a year from date of death. The local crematoria are on alert to extend their hours if necessary.