Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you fancy a photo' walk?

(88 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 06-Apr-20 16:18:03

I was ill and therefore stuck indoors for a very long time even before my current 'lockdown'. One of the things that kept my spirits up was looking at the wonderful photographs of my local town that people kindly posted.

So, I wondered if you would like to take us on a 'photo walk' of where you live? The photo's here have all been taken, not by me, but within easy walking distance of my home. (All taken during permitted exercise.)

1. My road
2. A walk above the town
3. A favourite view

grannyactivist Tue 07-Apr-20 14:08:54

May7 I last walked along that stretch of coastline when I was celebrating my 15th birthday more than fifty five years ago. My dad rented a farmhouse at Chwilog and it was the first holiday I ever had with a parent.

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 14:21:10

For you 123kitty
NW coastal path
Sampson cove leading to Borth y gest

oldgoat Tue 07-Apr-20 15:06:47

I'm loving seeing all these photos. What beautiful scenery some of us have nearby.
Here are some pictures which I took this morning on my dog walk.

The River Ouse with the Archbishop's palace on the left. This path was under several metres of water just a few weeks ago.

The ruins of the old church which was falling into the river.

The Sustrans track on the route of the old East Coast Mainline. Very busy usually with cyclists and walkers, but not at 8.00am

Thecatshatontgemat Tue 07-Apr-20 16:08:15

What a very lovely idea.
And what bliss to actually see the scenes without being all cluttered up with people.
Excellent thread.

elsieshufflebottom Tue 07-Apr-20 16:09:31

@quizqueen If you're talking about photo's, it's a moot point. An apostrophe replaces the "graphs".

morethan2 Tue 07-Apr-20 16:28:52

Thanks for your wonderful photos. Here are some of my favourite local places to walk.

Soniah Tue 07-Apr-20 16:48:13

From my last walk from home yesterday, wonderful N Wales

Soniah Tue 07-Apr-20 16:51:34

And my walk round the garden today, digging a second pond, can only manage a bit at a time

Marmight Tue 07-Apr-20 17:03:55

Some lovely photos giving a snapshot of where we all live.
On my walk this morning I got talking to a man in his garden. He too was digging a big hole by the house Soniah and commented ‘I’m digging a grave ...... for the family’ it took me a couple of seconds to catch on ?

vampirequeen Tue 07-Apr-20 17:08:49

Some of us are so lucky in where we live.

justwokeup Tue 07-Apr-20 18:04:36

It's a bit built up and industrial here but still stunning views to be had. The first one lit up our early dog-walking. Also some lovely aspects up close like the second photo of my neighbour's plants and I get the benefit too. I'm very envious of photographers who show us the wonderful world we live in.

justwokeup Tue 07-Apr-20 18:05:28

Sorry don't know where the pics went - they were on the preview, honest!

justwokeup Tue 07-Apr-20 18:06:05

Oh, there they are! blush

Missiseff Tue 07-Apr-20 18:32:12

View from my kitchen window this morning. Horses eating frosty grass. And me and my husband doing our bit for socially distancing yesterday. I wanted to walk quickly but his old legs were struggling to keep up whilst carrying the shopping grin

kittylester Tue 07-Apr-20 18:46:45

Of course, we all show the lovely bits and the lack of people makes our surroundings look wonderful.

I love my village (ask nankate) and there are lovely walks but it is a large ex hosiery village, which also had lime pits, so isnt beautiful at all. The people are being wonderful during this awful time though and people tend to stay here or move back. That is as important to me as the lovely walks we can go on.

jaybee66 Tue 07-Apr-20 18:51:40

The folly in our garden (that my husband built for the millennium)

bumblebee34 Tue 07-Apr-20 18:52:06

Some lovely photos here. We definitely do have some lovely places in Essex, these taken on my regular dog walk at sunrise.

TwinLolly Tue 07-Apr-20 22:38:17

We are living in the hamlet of Jourzat in the Correze department. Here is our house and 2 pictures from a recent walk down the road. Xx

grannyactivist Wed 08-Apr-20 00:28:47

kitty I'm amazed at how idyllic the views are in these photos, but I hope that doesn't put off people who live in cities and towns from showing us where they walk. I would be just as interested in seeing town and cityscapes, or some industrial areas if that's where people are taking their exercise.

crazyH Wed 08-Apr-20 00:45:47

Beautiful pictures, all!! But the one that amazed me is Sonia's half-dug pond!!! I get out of breath digging a small hole to put a shrub in, let alone a pond ...?

Gaunt47 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:09:29

Absolutely grannyactivist. Cityscapes or wherever, the photos don't have to be conventionally beautiful do they? Beauty in the eye of the beholder etc!
However posters shouldn't perhaps compromise their anonymity by showing close to home views, buildings etc. ?

wallers5 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:14:07

Primrose lanes in Devon & bluebells starting in the woods

BlueBelle Wed 08-Apr-20 08:17:10

My usual walk

Gymstagran Wed 08-Apr-20 09:39:54

Giant ducks in local nature reserve

kittylester Wed 08-Apr-20 09:43:45

Quite, ga! That's what I was trying to say. My village only has bits that are pretty but it's all fabulous to me!