Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you fancy a photo' walk?

(87 Posts)
Scentia Mon 06-Apr-20 19:10:13

quizqueen
Please go to pendant’s? corner if that is the game you want to play.

MiniMoon Mon 06-Apr-20 18:56:34

quizqueen, you are jumping to conclusions here. My tablet puts an apostrophe in wherever it sees fit. Unless I proof read I could have them even in my name! No need to be so judgemental. Thank you.

NanaandGrampy Mon 06-Apr-20 18:53:21

oooops posted the view from the orangery before we took the fence down after arriving here . I like it much better without .

NanaandGrampy Mon 06-Apr-20 18:51:58

I love this idea.

This is the view from our orangery , sunset from the front of the house and a cheeky woodland snap from Grampy's walk daily with Sam.

quizqueen Mon 06-Apr-20 18:38:07

Please, no apostrophes in plurals!! My granddaughter mastered that literary skill in Reception Class.

grannyactivist Mon 06-Apr-20 18:29:16

Thanks for your comments and photo's. I think this is an unrepeatable opportunity to view our villages, towns and cities in ways they will rarely have been been seen before.

Usually there are pesky people spoiling the view! grin

Scentia Mon 06-Apr-20 17:19:26

Oh my photos didn’t upload, try again!

Scentia Mon 06-Apr-20 17:17:52

Here is some photos of my ‘long way round’ walk to work, if the morning looks good we (me and pooch) will always go this way.

Hope you like my lovely town in East Staffordshire.

fiorentina51 Mon 06-Apr-20 17:06:07

Here's a few of my local area. I can't take credit for the photos.
One is of our little town, one shows part of a public garden in the town and one shows a view of local woodland.

Gaunt47 Mon 06-Apr-20 17:01:13

Off thread a little but here goes - the small town where I live is regularly thronged with visitors. Not of course at the moment so the town museum has put out a request for locals to take photographs of our empty streets and car parks and beaches etc for their records smile

Bathsheba Mon 06-Apr-20 16:28:59

What a lovely idea! We haven't been for our walk yet - I'll see what I can come up with on our walk, and post later smile

grannyactivist Mon 06-Apr-20 16:18:03

I was ill and therefore stuck indoors for a very long time even before my current 'lockdown'. One of the things that kept my spirits up was looking at the wonderful photographs of my local town that people kindly posted.

So, I wondered if you would like to take us on a 'photo walk' of where you live? The photo's here have all been taken, not by me, but within easy walking distance of my home. (All taken during permitted exercise.)

1. My road
2. A walk above the town
3. A favourite view