Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you fancy a photo' walk?

(88 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 06-Apr-20 16:18:03

I was ill and therefore stuck indoors for a very long time even before my current 'lockdown'. One of the things that kept my spirits up was looking at the wonderful photographs of my local town that people kindly posted.

So, I wondered if you would like to take us on a 'photo walk' of where you live? The photo's here have all been taken, not by me, but within easy walking distance of my home. (All taken during permitted exercise.)

1. My road
2. A walk above the town
3. A favourite view

NonnaW Mon 13-Apr-20 15:10:00

Acres of space for the dogs to run and lovely river views

Molly10 Mon 13-Apr-20 10:53:16

Oh my, what beautiful homes, places and areas you live and walk in.

Lovely photos.

merlotgran Thu 09-Apr-20 16:55:32

A distant view under a big sky has a strangely calming effect.

nonnasusie Thu 09-Apr-20 08:20:28

View on this mornings walk. If you look closely you might be able to see Monte Cassino in the distance.

kittylester Thu 09-Apr-20 08:03:47

That looks lovely, callgran. I really envy you living close to water.

Our village grew up next to a river but we live a fair walk from it!

grannyactivist Wed 08-Apr-20 23:17:53

Thanks to everyone who's posted. The lack of people and traffic is quite noticeable isn't it.

Looking forward to seeing some more urban photos too.

callgirl1 Wed 08-Apr-20 22:23:27

Sorry, I didn`t mean to mislead, it`s not a river, it`s a canal, or a drain/waterway as they are called round here.

callgirl1 Wed 08-Apr-20 22:21:30

Alas, I don`t live in a very picturesque area, but here`s my contribution. One is the view of the riverbank from my front door, the other is our row of houses from the bridge in the first picture.

May7 Wed 08-Apr-20 14:30:27

Wow that middle one pinky feathery tulip is gorgeous and so unusual

Lisagran Wed 08-Apr-20 11:10:28

No walk away from home yesterday, as waiting for a phone call on the landline. So pottered around the garden. Some lovely tulips I planted are just coming out now smile

Riverwalk Wed 08-Apr-20 10:28:53

Cityscapes from my walks - note the lack of traffic and people!

MiniMoon Wed 08-Apr-20 09:56:48

Our little town's market square and main street during lockdown, and a couple of views over our garden wall.

kittylester Wed 08-Apr-20 09:43:45

Quite, ga! That's what I was trying to say. My village only has bits that are pretty but it's all fabulous to me!

Gymstagran Wed 08-Apr-20 09:39:54

Giant ducks in local nature reserve

BlueBelle Wed 08-Apr-20 08:17:10

My usual walk

wallers5 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:14:07

Primrose lanes in Devon & bluebells starting in the woods

Gaunt47 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:09:29

Absolutely grannyactivist. Cityscapes or wherever, the photos don't have to be conventionally beautiful do they? Beauty in the eye of the beholder etc!
However posters shouldn't perhaps compromise their anonymity by showing close to home views, buildings etc. ?

crazyH Wed 08-Apr-20 00:45:47

Beautiful pictures, all!! But the one that amazed me is Sonia's half-dug pond!!! I get out of breath digging a small hole to put a shrub in, let alone a pond ...?

grannyactivist Wed 08-Apr-20 00:28:47

kitty I'm amazed at how idyllic the views are in these photos, but I hope that doesn't put off people who live in cities and towns from showing us where they walk. I would be just as interested in seeing town and cityscapes, or some industrial areas if that's where people are taking their exercise.

TwinLolly Tue 07-Apr-20 22:38:17

We are living in the hamlet of Jourzat in the Correze department. Here is our house and 2 pictures from a recent walk down the road. Xx

bumblebee34 Tue 07-Apr-20 18:52:06

Some lovely photos here. We definitely do have some lovely places in Essex, these taken on my regular dog walk at sunrise.

jaybee66 Tue 07-Apr-20 18:51:40

The folly in our garden (that my husband built for the millennium)

kittylester Tue 07-Apr-20 18:46:45

Of course, we all show the lovely bits and the lack of people makes our surroundings look wonderful.

I love my village (ask nankate) and there are lovely walks but it is a large ex hosiery village, which also had lime pits, so isnt beautiful at all. The people are being wonderful during this awful time though and people tend to stay here or move back. That is as important to me as the lovely walks we can go on.

Missiseff Tue 07-Apr-20 18:32:12

View from my kitchen window this morning. Horses eating frosty grass. And me and my husband doing our bit for socially distancing yesterday. I wanted to walk quickly but his old legs were struggling to keep up whilst carrying the shopping grin

justwokeup Tue 07-Apr-20 18:06:05

Oh, there they are! blush