Gransnet forums

Chat

Been a naughty girl and no self control

(20 Posts)
Ginny42 Sat 25-Apr-20 11:21:10

Ah yes, but how much dark chocolate Callistemon? The recommended daily amount is 35g. Really? I estimate it's half a large bar. grin

mrsgreenfingers56 Sat 25-Apr-20 11:11:47

Not been such a naughty girl then!

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 23:19:17

I don't like white chocolate but have been eating dark chocolate because I know it's good for me.
Full of iron, magnesium, zinc, flavonoids, antioxidants.
What could be better?
grin

SalsaQueen Fri 24-Apr-20 22:23:30

You had one bar of chocolate and think it's naughty? grin

I've had something sweet every day..... Haribo sweets, biscuits, cake, whatever sweet stuff I can get my greedy hands on grin

There'll be plenty of time to diet and exercise later.

SirChenjin Fri 24-Apr-20 20:46:24

It is good for your mental health, which is very important at a time like this. Two bars are even better - scientific fact.

GagaJo Fri 24-Apr-20 20:36:41

Evie64, there is some truth in that. My FiL was a BIG guy (not exactly fat but VERY tall and solid. When he had cancer he lived until he had no fat left and was very skinny. Then he died. I think it kept him going for quite a while.

I'll be here until the year 3000 at this rate.

Evie64 Fri 24-Apr-20 20:34:47

There are worse thinks in life than eating too much chocolate. Don't beat yourself up. A friend of mine once said "Being overweight? Just means you stay alive for another week when you're dying of cancer"! shock

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Apr-20 20:28:27

People use the phrase ‘leftover wine’ - what’s that?

GagaJo Fri 24-Apr-20 20:26:05

I've got a SHOCKING (even to myself) confession.

I have a Crunchie stash (well, 2) under the bed.

The locusts in this house wade through everything and there are times I want something of MY OWN.

I suspect GS knows they're under there though, because whenever he breaks into my room he makes a beeline for that corner of the bed. Just as well he's not a fluent talker yet.

mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 24-Apr-20 20:22:46

Oh Eglantine21 you are making me feel better already! (wink)

Beechnut Fri 24-Apr-20 20:11:58

Aren’t normal I meant

Beechnut Fri 24-Apr-20 20:11:18

Phoenix my niece once made the comment that people who use the resealable sticker ‘are normal’ ??

Eglantine21 Fri 24-Apr-20 20:01:53

The bread was going stale. I was eking out supplies....

Eglantine21 Fri 24-Apr-20 20:00:13

Just consumed bread and butter pudding, sprinkled with cinnamon, with double cream.

?

Urmstongran Fri 24-Apr-20 19:40:56

Love the comment Maw & phoenix
?

phoenix Fri 24-Apr-20 18:59:45

Don't like white chocolate, but a bar of fruit and nut that I bought recently bore the proud boast on the wrapper that it was "resealable".

Why? What's all that about? You buy it, you eat it......All

MawB Fri 24-Apr-20 18:53:36

Enjoy!
I love white chocolate and would have done exactly the same. So don’t beat yourself up about it or let other ??? make you feel bad.
As far as I know it is not an indictable offence. ???
(Comfort eating is what it is all about)

Calendargirl Fri 24-Apr-20 18:48:08

Trying to eat normally really. I don’t buy chocolate and biscuits as if it’s not there, you can’t eat it.
Made some brownies the other week, and might make a cake this weekend, but not too much baking as will just eat it!

Framilode Fri 24-Apr-20 18:46:24

None stop and I hate myself for it. When the lockdown started I was determined to come out slim, to get rid of that pesky stone too much. I think it's going to be more like two stones now.

mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 24-Apr-20 18:43:30

Feel so naughty and guilty here. Been shopping and it was so stressful, with social distancing, things being out of stock and having to queue. When I got home I scoffed a FULL bar of white chocolate and feel awful now. Anybody else eaten comfort food during the virus? Slap hands to me then.