Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling a bit low ?

(49 Posts)
phoenix Wed 29-Apr-20 17:27:59

Hello all, hope you are safe and well.

I usually manage to keep reasonably upbeat, but today is crap.

Today would have been DS2's 31st birthday, but sadly he hanged himself at the age of 19 in 2008.

A friend of his who shares the same birthday, and lives locally, always goes to the place where the ashes are buried and leaves flowers and drinks a beer in his memory smile

I was supposed to join him, and suppose I could, but I know that I would have wanted to hug him, and be hugged (yes, I know, same thing) but with social distancing, we couldnt.sad

I'm very fortunate that his friend stays in touch, and I love to hear about their family (they had a gorgeous baby girl a week ago, their third child) but it makes me wonder what DS2 would be doing if he was still here? Would he be married, have children?

He had a great female friend, T, and they always said if they got to this age and weren't married, then they may as well marry each other!I

Such a waste of the life of a warm, loving, talented and very funny person.

Harris27 Thu 30-Apr-20 12:39:43

I’ve read this post again I have been so affected by this Coronavirus epidemic and being furloughed from work and husband being laid off I never thought I’d read something that touched me like this. You are all lovely supportive people and thank god I have this network at the moment bless you all. Thinking of this sad time for all in different ways.

gillybob Thu 30-Apr-20 09:06:13

So sorry I missed this yesterday .

Just wanted to send my love to you Phoenix and anyone else who has lost a child. I just can’t begin to imagine the heartbreak that this would bring . ?

Grandmafrench Thu 30-Apr-20 08:41:25

Keep safe and strong in the love of those who care for you and about you, Phoenix x

Galaxy Thu 30-Apr-20 08:19:55

Maw that is a lovely piece of writing.

Sark Thu 30-Apr-20 07:10:48

Thinking of you Phoenix and all of you who have had such sadness.
We have had suicide and tragic early death (but not my child) and my heart goes out to each and everyone of you flowers

merlotgran Thu 30-Apr-20 00:31:24

Thank you, Maw, who we know lost a baby son, Callistemon, Dollymcl and others.

I've been on Gransnet since 2012. Over the years there have been times of joy and heartbreak which we have all shared as we got to know eachother.

Phoenix, Your account of your son's suicide was one of the first to strike home and never in a million years would I have imagined that I would also be reaching out for support in a few years time.

Anniebach, MissAdventure and downtoearth. Also in my thoughts.

Thank the Lord for Gransnet when we need a hug even if it's a virtual one.

maddyone Thu 30-Apr-20 00:05:17

To all the parents on here who have lost their child, it must be so hard. I haven’t really got the words, but I am truly sorry for the loss you have all endured. ?

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 23:26:58

phoenix, Anniebach, merlotgran, MissAdventure, downtoearth
And all those who have lost a child at any age

??

phoenix Wed 29-Apr-20 23:22:31

Thank you all, and sending every good wish to those who have also lost a child. thanks

MawB Wed 29-Apr-20 23:21:15

For Phoenix and for Merlot especially but also for all those who have a gap in their heart which can never be filled flowers

Those who are near me do not know that you are nearer to me than they are
Those who speak to me do not know that my heart is full with your unspoken words
Those who crowd in my path do not know that I am walking alone with you
Those who love me do not know that their love brings you to my heart

Luckygirl Wed 29-Apr-20 22:53:03

There really are no words; birthdays are hard to bear in this situation. It is so lovely that his friend thought so much of him that he still keeps his memory alive. flowers

Dollymc1 Wed 29-Apr-20 22:27:10

And merlot, this is so sad and you have my very best wishes ? it sounds trite, I know, but I really will be thinking about you

Gemini17892 Wed 29-Apr-20 22:11:36

Aw Phoenix ??? so sad.

merlotgran Wed 29-Apr-20 22:02:38

The first anniversary of DD's death is in three week's time. Not being able to visit her grave half an hour's drive away will be very hard. She died one week short of her 50th birthday so that will be another difficult day.

Thinking of everyone who has lost a child.

Dollymc1 Wed 29-Apr-20 21:58:15

Phoenix, I don't have any words, I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for the very sad loss of your son
His friend must have thought so much of him
Sending you kind thoughts and love ?

downtoearth Wed 29-Apr-20 21:35:09

* phoenix* I understand I lost mu daughter aged 23 in the same way you lost your son in 2004.

This year in june she would be 40,and we where hoping to go to her grave over 100 miles away,this wont be possible due to current situation.

Big hugs for you flowers

Harris27 Wed 29-Apr-20 21:32:51

So very sorry to read this post. Sending you virtual hugs. Xx

Anniebach Wed 29-Apr-20 21:29:34

I have my darling daughters 3 children , phoenix will never
know this , I ache for you phoenix x

brook2704 Wed 29-Apr-20 21:25:03

So sorry to read your sad post Phoenix and that it’s even harder this year for you with the current situation.

So lovely of your Sons friend to remember him this way and I hope that helps a little bit

To everyone who has lost a child ?❤️

Namsnanny Wed 29-Apr-20 20:16:23

Phoenix … there are no words that say enough flowers

It may sound strange but Thank you for sharing your sons life and death with us.

If you feel like it please say more about him.

Anniebachflowers

MissAdventureflowers

lavenderzen Wed 29-Apr-20 20:03:08

To all who have lost someone and dearest Annie flowers

lavenderzen Wed 29-Apr-20 20:01:52

phoenix flowers

Grannmarie Wed 29-Apr-20 19:47:45

Thinking of you both, Phoenix and Anniebach.
Cherish your memories of happier times with your dear children.
??flowersthanks

Doodle Wed 29-Apr-20 19:40:08

phoenix and annie flowers and for all those who have lost a child.

Doodle Wed 29-Apr-20 19:39:09

phoenix I am so sorry for your loss. All I can say is that at least he had a good friend. For reasons I don’t want to go into, I would be comforted by the thought that your son had you and a good friend. That counts for a lot, doesn’t lessen your grief but it does count x