Gransnet forums

Chat

Things you've worn out in lockdown

(11 Posts)
lilypollen Tue 23-Jun-20 21:56:10

A pair of trainers and canvas shoes are being used to death with the daily walk. Normally bought from Tu but not going to Sainsbury's during lock down so don't know when I can replace them.

Esspee Tue 23-Jun-20 21:49:40

My settee has seen excessive use but thankfully is not showing it.

maddyone Tue 23-Jun-20 21:45:32

You can replace most things via Amazon or EBay. I’d just replace anything that wore out.

EllanVannin Tue 23-Jun-20 19:58:32

Chardy, hate to say it but my indisposed cleaner is a Shark and the belts seem to have given them a problem. Mine isn't even 2 years old. Good cleaners though.

seacliff Tue 23-Jun-20 19:41:17

My lounge type casual pyjama bottoms are looking a bit worn and bobbly now, as I have worn them at times in day time too. Sadly there are no more in stock.

Also the elastic on my favourite loose summer trousers has gone. No sewing machine, so will have to try and repair them by hand.

Grammaretto Tue 23-Jun-20 19:34:31

I fell through the wicker chair in the garden. Just bought a replacement today in Ikea which has newly reopened. That was a strange experience.
Shoes are looking very shabby and underwear - well! say no more.

Chardy Tue 23-Jun-20 18:57:47

Yes to getting a new vacuum. Am pleased with new Shark (I fell out of love with Mr Dyson and swore I'd never buy another of his products). Destroyed the heater in my washing machine. And my internet had a moody.

All in one week

EllanVannin Tue 23-Jun-20 18:51:24

Belt snapped on my vacuum cleaner, repair shop still closed and mightn't open again so I've had to buy a ( cheapo ) Hoover Whirlwind online as I can't live without one.

Slippers ? Yes I threw a pair in the bin last month after living in them. I'm now wearing another pair out as they need constant washing because of the fluffy lining making my feet sweat.

Arm fell off my comp. glasses through overuse of comp. taking them off and on all the time as I only need them for the comp. Found a replacement pair which dig in my ears and nose grin but I can see alright through them.

tanith Tue 23-Jun-20 18:38:19

My trainers from all the walking I’ve done, they went in the bin with holes in the sole.

Ilovecheese Tue 23-Jun-20 17:59:55

The little pointy stick thing that I use with my tablet. The rubber tip is hanging off.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Tue 23-Jun-20 17:34:56

Just a light hearted post, to see what other people have worn out in lockdown, apart from their patience with the whole situation. So here's mine : I've worn holes in my slippers from being at home so much and nowhere open to buy replacements!