Gransnet forums

Chat

Hasty purchases pre-lockdown

(33 Posts)
MrsEggy Wed 29-Jul-20 15:11:51

Just coming to the end of some cheap, thin loo paper bought in haste in the week before lockdown. Will be so glad to get back to our normal quilted variety. Did anyone else buy in haste and repent at leisure?

Redactrice Thu 30-Jul-20 15:03:27

Yup. I’m fed up with cooking the same horrible dried spiral pasta all the time (which takes twice as long to cook as it claims), having bought 12 packs of it at the beginning of the panic. I can’tr even eat the stuff but my partner will never waste anything. He says it’s fine. Also sitting in the cupboard unopened is a 500g tin of Nescafé Gold Blend that I’d happily give away if anyone wanted it. I’m hooked on Kenco Colombian but that’s all I could get back then.

HurdyGurdy Thu 30-Jul-20 16:59:30

I over-reacted after hearing a doctor saying that moist air could help the symptoms, so I bought a humidifier.

Thankfully, none of us has shown any symptoms, so I have no idea if my latest "dust collector" is effective or not. I've not even got it out of the box!

rubysong Thu 30-Jul-20 19:15:39

Two tins of new potatoes. They will be going to the food bank this weekend. I wonder if they would like some of the scratchy loo rolls. Yes, I'm guilty! Just before lockdown I bought 48 'Who Gives A C**p'. They are the standard ones, not the luxury, and I rue the day. I shall be so glad when they are gone.

Whingingmom Thu 30-Jul-20 19:30:42

A hula hoop to keep fit (used twice).
A tub of dried milk.
Tins of curry.
However, it did make me appreciate why my mum, who grew up during WW11, kept a little stash of tinned goods in the pantry “just in case”. (No hula hoop though!)

alig99 Fri 31-Jul-20 16:44:22

Crikey if you've still got loo paper from the beginning of lockdown you must have been one of those people stripping the shelves until none lefthmm

Elrel Fri 31-Jul-20 16:53:46

I bought 3 kilos of delicious dates. No regrets!

annep1 Fri 31-Jul-20 16:58:03

I bought a large pack of loorolls for the machines in public loos in our local market. . Cost £10. Still under the stairs. I wonder who would use it.
I bought a six pack of colourful bandanas and a turban type in a hurry thinking they would sell out, as I couldn't go to the hairdressers. Not used either. Dont suit me at all. Bought a velvet hairband.