Gransnet forums

Chat

Help! Airydress returns

(32 Posts)
Ohmother Mon 24-Aug-20 17:50:42

Has anyone got a contact number for Airydress please? Their site area for returns is so complicated and I can’t find what I’m looking for to return their shoddy goods!

Desdemona Sat 29-Aug-20 17:35:37

I check Trustpilot before ordering clothes online now as I was ripped off recently by a similar company. The order took months to arrive, was really bad quality and I had no idea the clothes were coming from China.

MerylStreep Sat 29-Aug-20 14:41:00

Ohmother
You must get rid of the idea that your dealing with a company that cares about Terms & Conditions when the truth is they don't give a flying @#*#

Ohmother Sat 29-Aug-20 11:42:26

‘ You'll also usually be asked to pay for return delivery, unless the seller doesn't say this in its T&Cs, or the goods were faulty.’. Martin’s Money Website. I believe the goods were not as advertised. Can I class that as faulty?

Ohmother Sat 29-Aug-20 11:34:40

I’ve been sent a returns label and immediately sent the junk back. I asked for a paper proof of posting. They say they are deducting the return costs £3 from my £60 refund. Cheeky bgrs!!! There must be SOME law about sending shoddy goods/not as advertised and then deducting return costs!!

phoenix Sat 29-Aug-20 08:47:43

Well, I've just had an email saying they are processing my refund for £3.23. But I actually paid £10.11shock

So, I will battle on angry

An advert for them popped on on Facebook with some comment about thousands of happy customers, so I added a comment. They responded immediately.

Seakay Fri 28-Aug-20 21:38:30

What is a snyde company? I Googled it but nothing came up

MerylStreep Fri 28-Aug-20 21:26:28

MiniMoon
All the photos and clothes are real. The Chinese companies ( all owned by one man) are stolen from legitimate clothing companies. That's why they have no heads.

lemongrove Fri 28-Aug-20 21:10:47

Good to have all these warnings.??

MiniMoon Fri 28-Aug-20 20:52:40

Looked up B30 3HY on what3words.
It is a unit on an industrial park in Birmingham.
I do like the look of some of the clothes from these companies, but always read reviews.
I've never bought anything, as the reviews are always terrible.
I hope you get some recompense ohmother

MerylStreep Fri 28-Aug-20 19:36:09

Ohmother
Why don't you post on FB. Their biggest market place.

MerylStreep Fri 28-Aug-20 19:32:06

I'll give you a small idea of how hard it's going to be to track down the company.
Clothes leave supplier in china.
Clothes arrive in a Middle East country.
Clothes are bought by another company, Re packed and then sold onto a company in Europe.
Some are bought up by small suppliers and sold from houses in the uk
Good luck with that one under our consumer credit act 1974.
You have no idea how clever and devious these people are.

Ohmother Fri 28-Aug-20 19:09:22

I’ve had an email to send item numbers and descriptions of the 7 garments. As there are a couple of long numbers on rack of the 7 bags I’ve spent time entering the long number from each bag (that I found hard to read) but refuse to describe as they must have those details already on my invoice!! ?. I’ve given them my postcode as reference to my invoice. Watch this space...

Freeandeasy Wed 26-Aug-20 12:24:52

MerylStreep Well done on campaigning against these shysters. I buy quite a lot of clothing from eBay and have been tricked a few times. A “silk” top never arrived. A “silk” bra was scratchy and certainly wasn’t silk, it was also about two sizes too small and wouldn’t fit under my bust (despite me ordering my usual size. I NEVER buy anything from China any more. The clothes are of poor quality and always too small. My friend’s daughter ordered her wedding dress from there!!! It has yet to arrive but I don’t hold out much hope for her.

Laughterlines Wed 26-Aug-20 09:18:35

I think some of these sites are scams. I ordered and paid for some boots in March. Still not delivered although same boots are being advertised on a couple of other sites with different names. Once bitten......

Ohmother Wed 26-Aug-20 09:13:01

If I advertised a washing machine and sent a wheelbarrow instead should the recipient be expected not to have redress for wasted postage costs?

phoenix Tue 25-Aug-20 13:49:48

I've got the proof of posting, unfortunately it just states building name or number as 2, and the postcode, B303HY

FlexibleFriend Tue 25-Aug-20 13:23:49

We strive to offer you the best shopping experience with our fast and worry-free return policy. Please email us the reason(s) and photograph(s) at [email protected] within 14 days to accelerate the process. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Postage will be your responsibility.

Ohmother Tue 25-Aug-20 12:51:53

What was you UK returns address? Surely if the goods aren’t as described you should get ALL expenses back including the postage.

Ohmother Tue 25-Aug-20 12:50:23

I’ve put a review on Trustpilot. I wish I’d read that before ordering. I’m not sure they were called what they now call the company when I ordered. ?

phoenix Mon 24-Aug-20 21:45:51

I didn't use a credit card, used my debit card. sad

Thank goodness it was only a smallish amount.

I eventually managed to get a U.K. address for returns, was given options such as voucher off next purchase (shock erm, no!) return with label and cost of postage deducted from refund, or return at my expense.

Went for return at my own expense, as by the time I had squeezed the nasty horrid top into a small jiffy bag, it went as a large letter, so less than the £3 they would deduct if I had gone done the other route.

Riverwalk Mon 24-Aug-20 20:48:23

Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the retailer or trader. This means it is just as responsible as the retailer or trader for the goods or service supplied, allowing you to also put your claim to the credit card company

MerylStreep assuming the above info from Which is correct, it says the CC company is just as responsible for the goods - presumably you got nowhere with this? Disappointing if so, as it's the law!

MerylStreep Mon 24-Aug-20 20:40:16

Phoenix
I've had lots of replies from Mr Zuckerburgs minions warning me about my language relating to these sites. I did not swear but my description of these companies, was, shall we say, colourful ?

MerylStreep Mon 24-Aug-20 20:24:48

Riverwalk
I've been fighting against these thieves for a long time. I've had no end of warnings from FB.
Even those who have paid through PayPal have had little success. The business structure of these companies is so heinously complicated it practically impossible to track them down as to where the money is going.
All one can do is keep putting the word out there.
Some time ago I linked a list of all of them but I can't find it.

phoenix Mon 24-Aug-20 20:12:58

I made a BIG mistake in buying an item from them! Horrid top!
If you are on Facebook, and an ad comes up, comment on it, (an adverse comment of course) you will get a response pretty quickly!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY, THE ITEMS LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS

Riverwalk Mon 24-Aug-20 19:57:54

If the goods are shoddy you should seek redress through the credit card company/PayPal, etc.

Which