Gransnet forums

Chat

Sometimes the sadness feels like a weight.

(54 Posts)
phoenix Sun 06-Sep-20 22:21:33

Well, that's how I feel tonight.

It just comes on, out of the blue, but boy when it comes it lands like a ton of bricks.

Had a row with Mr P earlier, which didn't help. Now stuck in a mental groove regarding DS1, and how he is sitting pretty having inherited a fortune from my mother.(She left me nothing)

Sorry for posting this, just need to put it down.

LadyBella Tue 08-Sep-20 18:23:20

The inheritance is ridiculous. I would feel very aggrieved if that happened to me. Did you know about it previously? With everything that's going on I can see why you feel low. My only advice is not to be a doormat to anyone. I've been one at times and it gets you nowhere. Hope you pick up. Yes things can just hit us when we are low but remember all things will pass.

Wheniwasyourage Tue 08-Sep-20 18:22:23

Just seen this thread phoenix, and I'm so sorry to hear that you were having a bad evening. I hope you're feeling more like yourself now. Your posts are always fun to read, and I enjoy them, and it was sad to read one which wasn't your usual. Sending [hugs] flowers and sunshine

annsixty Tue 08-Sep-20 18:15:56

What about using his toothbrush to clean around the base of the taps?
I’m sure that has been used too.

Callistemon Tue 08-Sep-20 18:01:52

I hope you're feeling better today and Mr P heeded your words.

???

If I have cross words with Lord Lemongrove I find it cheers me up a bit to clean the sink vigorously with his flannel. I remember when I was a child asking my Mum why she was sprinkling Vim on to my Dad's flannel and scrubbing the bath with it. She said his flannel needed a good clean!
Vim could probably take off the top layer of skin too.

Now I know what she was up to.

EllanVannin Tue 08-Sep-20 17:19:43

Phoenix, flowers (((hugs )))

Alexa Tue 08-Sep-20 15:58:15

Phoenix, you were so tired last night!

At least, after all these replies from the other women you know it's normal to have the horrid thoughst crowding in when your vitality is low,

sharon103 Tue 08-Sep-20 15:52:17

lol lemongrove.
If I have cross words with Lord Lemongrove I find it cheers me up a bit to clean the sink vigorously with his flannel.?

I love your humour. grin

sharon103 Tue 08-Sep-20 15:47:05

Another day, and hope you're feeling brighter Phoenix. flowers

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-20 15:44:05

Tgat:s so well put, lucky.

Luckygirl Tue 08-Sep-20 15:31:25

It is so hard when you start to feel down - so many other previous hurts decide to crowd in and add their bit to the misery. I know how that feels and my heart is with you.

I hope very much that you are feeling brighter and lighter today.

Take care. x flowers

lavenderzen Tue 08-Sep-20 15:30:08

phoenix flowers

Granniesunite Tue 08-Sep-20 15:26:09

I'm a fairly new poster but I'd just like to add my best wishes to you phoenix . I hope today the heaviness has lifted a little bit.
I really enjoy your posts they lift me on my bad days. So thank you for that.... Best wishes.

Oopsadaisy4 Tue 08-Sep-20 11:07:21

I hope that your DH has phoned the GP for you.
Our DD can go downhill very quickly and we usually notice that she needs to get her Meds sorted, sometimes before she has even realised it herself.

It really is a bu**er and I feel for you.

Namsnanny Tue 08-Sep-20 10:40:19

?☀️?and because you like them a ...?

Toadinthehole Tue 08-Sep-20 10:22:01

Ps, I got nothing from my mother either. I think I’d have died from shock if I had!

Toadinthehole Tue 08-Sep-20 10:18:56

That’s sad Phoenix, but at least now you can sit back, relax, in the knowledge your son is sorted, and he’ll never need anything from you...he already has it! Hope you’re feeling better this morning ?

henetha Tue 08-Sep-20 10:09:33

please excuse typos

henetha Tue 08-Sep-20 10:09:05

That horrible Phoenix, sending you all my sympathy.
I hope tomorrow is a better day, or at least, you will feel better abut things.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 08-Sep-20 10:05:01

What is it with men not seeking GP’s advice, my Mr is just the same!!!

Sending you a ((hug)) Phoenix

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-20 09:44:42

Send the grans in phoenix, we'll sort him out.

Seriously, I hope you feel better this morning.

Obviously, I dont know what 'set you off' and maybe you don't either. Although my mum didn't do what yours did, I have been having a real down on mine lately for various things that I can usually ride over.

It must be biorythms!

phoenix Mon 07-Sep-20 22:45:38

Thank you Chewbacca, Mr P and I are ok, providing he keeps his promise to phone the GP.

Doodle Mon 07-Sep-20 22:44:46

flowers hope things improve soon.

Chewbacca Mon 07-Sep-20 22:17:46

Hope things are a bit brighter for you this evening Phoenix and, even if what has happened in the past cannot be remedied, I hope that you and MrP are on better terms.

phoenix Mon 07-Sep-20 22:03:44

Thank you all.

It really is a bugger, and sadly cannot be resolved.

sodapop Mon 07-Sep-20 21:59:35

Some days things just overwhelm us don't they Phoenix and today seems to be one of those for you, go with the flow, have a good wallow then clean the lavatory with Mr Ps flannel ( apologies to lemongrove)
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you thanks