Gransnet forums

Chat

Morrison’s and Amazon Prime

(13 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Sat 24-Oct-20 17:03:35

I’ve just read that it’s possible to have a Morrison’s grocery delivery via Amazon Prime. Free same day delivery for order over £40 and £3.99 for less than £40. Considering the problems trying to secure an Asda or Tesco delivery slot that sounds impressive. Does anyone have any experience of it? Tbh I’d never heard of it.

J52 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:09:21

We tried it out a week or so ago. Excellent service, everything was delivered on large sealed paper sacks, already sorted into categories such as dairy, household, dried goods etc.
We do not normally shop at Morrison’s, so although good service we haven’t done it again.

Grannynannywanny Sat 24-Oct-20 17:14:31

J52 do you go to the amazon site to order or do you select the food via Morrison’s website? I had a look on Amazon but couldn’t see a full shopping list to select from and what was showing appeared to be multi buys eg 10 tins of sardines

J52 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:22:20

It was on the Amazon Prime Now part of the site. Apparently it’s not available every where, I suppose you have to be near a Morrisons store.

Oopsadaisy4 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:31:01

I’m waiting for a Morrison’s order right now, because they were the only supermarket with an available slot, but I haven’t heard about the Amazon link.
I’ll have a look now.

Oopsadaisy4 Sat 24-Oct-20 17:32:23

Just checked, it isn’t available, via Amazon, in my postcode! Which is odd as they are due here very soon.

Grannynannywanny Sat 24-Oct-20 18:06:30

Thanks, I’ll check it out. We don’t have a Morrison’s locally so perhaps it’ll be a non starter for me

J52 Sat 24-Oct-20 18:20:34

Or they could only be doing deliveries where there isn’t a store. Ours is about 10 miles away.

chelseababy Sat 24-Oct-20 18:43:17

Just checked and says in high demand. Have registered for an invitation. Thanks for the info.

Grannynannywanny Sat 24-Oct-20 19:31:43

Reporting back to say I eventually realised I needed to install the Amazon Now app. Once I did that it was plain sailing. Full access to Morrison’s grocery stock. When I entered my address and postcode I was expecting to hit a problem. I live about 10 miles from a Morrison’s store. I was gobsmacked to see I could have a delivery 7-9pm this evening or any 2 hr slot tomorrow. Delivery £3.99 or free of order over £40.

Grannynannywanny Sat 24-Oct-20 19:48:18

Amazon Prime Now app I should have said

lemongrove Sat 24-Oct-20 21:31:09

That’s really useful to know?thanks, we shall hopefully be able to use this service.

chelseababy Wed 28-Oct-20 12:07:45

I got an email saying I could order and first delivery today. They text to ask if the substitution ok or not. Very efficient. Will use again.