Gransnet forums

Chat

Plug in telephone for a landline recommendations

(5 Posts)
Retired65 Sun 01-Nov-20 21:52:22

We are looking to replace our plug in telephone which we have in the living room. We would like one that has a loud volume when it rings and is clear when it connects to another phone or when someone rings us. We have a BT phone line. Both of us are going slightly deaf. It does not need to have a call blocker on it as I already have this service with BT. I ring 1572 to block a number.

Looked at the BT Decor corded telephone but someone complained that after 2 months of use the phone developed an overbearing coil whine noise The hands free works fine though the max volume is not great and creates a constant hissing background noise noticeable to both caller and receiver. Using the telephone the volume is on the low side (DEFINITELY NOT FOR THOSE HARD OF HEARING) and sadly the volume can't be altered.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thank you.

Charleygirl5 Sun 01-Nov-20 22:37:16

I have advanced phone trio by BT. I find it excellent. I have them in my kitchen, living room and bedroom. The sound is very clear- it does come with its own call blocker, I do not pay any extra.

I bought the trio via Amazon at a very good price.

welbeck Sun 01-Nov-20 23:17:43

that sounds similar to mine, think it was called BT Cal Guardian. you can 2 or 3 handsets, reasonable price.
robert dyas i got mine from.
very user friendly, lots of different ring tones, so you can set them for different callers, and good volume.

MiniMoon Mon 02-Nov-20 01:20:27

I've got the BT big button 4000 phone. Two handsets with an amplifier button on the side. The ring is very clear and its easy to set up. I can recommend them.

Retired65 Tue 03-Nov-20 15:42:33

Thank you for your replies. I will have a look at what has been suggested.