Gransnet forums

Chat

Asda

(9 Posts)
petra Sat 07-Nov-20 08:39:17

My beef with ASDA at the moment is that British apples are on the top shelf and not the eyeline shelf.
I've made my feelings robustly known by phone and email ?

Galaxy Sat 07-Nov-20 08:34:46

It's a really good service, it will reduce the queues for those on foot.

Hollyhock1 Sat 07-Nov-20 08:27:34

I went to my local Asda yesterday- you wouldn't even think we're in another lockdown! No queue, no restricted products, fully stocked and very busy! Totally different to the first lockdown where there was a huge queue waiting to go in a few at a time.

Liz46 Sat 07-Nov-20 08:18:36

As I am extremely clinically vulnerable I managed to get a weekly Asda slot. They do not charge for delivery and have been brilliant. I used to shop there anyway as it is quite close but didn't feel any particular loyalty until last March!

Witzend Sat 07-Nov-20 08:15:23

During 1st lockdown, at least at first, there were long queues at our local Asda (nearest supermarket) but none since, and I don’t really expect to see any now.

Esspee Sat 07-Nov-20 08:10:49

With winter coming on I suppose it makes sense when you think back to the socially distanced queues during the first lockdown.
Frankly I refused to queue. I just made a point of shopping very early, very late or during torrential rain.

Spangler Sat 07-Nov-20 07:41:50

Asda introduces trial to test new system for shoppers who visit in cars.
The queuing app will be tested in 50 stores out of the 630 it has across the UK.
www.mirror.co.uk/money/asda-tells-shoppers-wait-car-22962243

Can't say that I can ever remember visiting an Asda store.

shysal Sat 07-Nov-20 07:35:12

I shop at my local Asda which is not huge. There was no queuing system of any sort last Thursday, no changes at all that I noticed.

Fuchsiarose Fri 06-Nov-20 23:06:57

Did I hear right, Asda is phoning customers sat outside in their cars, that it is their turn to come in to the store to do their shopping. Where do those on foot, ie elderly, fit into this, on a cold winters day. I dont shop there, am just asking who has sat outside Asda, waiting.