Gransnet forums

Chat

Warning of frightening phone call

(31 Posts)
fourormore Sat 07-Nov-20 11:56:07

The call came from 07591 850795
Please don't be alarmed if you receive a call from this number!
Just hang up

At about 10.30am this morning a voicemail was left on my husband's mobile.
His phone was off at the time but the caller was obviously not 'live' as the message was half way through when recording started.
Words to the effect if no response received a warrant would be issued and you will be arrested immediately etc.etc.etc.

We are wise to these idiots but these morons can frighten the life out of innocent people.
Bring back hanging!!!

Millie22 Sun 15-Nov-20 13:56:48

I agree about there being more of these scams during lockdown and we all might think we'd know who to believe but sometimes they sound so genuine. If anyone mentions Amazon I say its a long river and then there's silence.

EllanVannin Sun 15-Nov-20 14:02:11

These calls certainly bring out the worst in me ( swearing ) if it happens to be a voice and not a recorded thing. Hateful people !

BlueBelle Sun 15-Nov-20 14:19:49

It’s been going a while I ve been ‘arrested’ a few times it’s quite silly isn’t it
I did answer an unknown number very sharply this week, luckily I didn’t use a certain four letter word which has escaped my mouth before now but it turned out to be a legitimate call ... whoops

M0nica Sun 15-Nov-20 18:05:08

When there is so much information in every kind of media, from print, through social media, I am absolutely amazed that so many people, and I am excluding those vulnerable for physical or mental reasons, should still be falling for them.

Most of these scams are so unoriginal in their operation and repeat waves of them are surely instantly recognisable.

varian Sun 15-Nov-20 18:08:12

Surely we should all know by now that we just have to hung up on these kind of calls.
s