Gransnet forums

Chat

Tesco online shopping - again!

(12 Posts)
Jaxjacky Tue 09-Feb-21 11:40:02

Reported

RyCl Tue 09-Feb-21 10:58:29

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

janeainsworth Wed 16-Dec-20 19:39:15

Annie no supermarkets are taking on new registrations

You don’t have to be registered at either Morrisons or Asda.
You just go to their websites and do your shopping.

Rosalyn69 Wed 16-Dec-20 17:05:19

I’m amazed at 95 items. I thought I was an extravagant shopper but that seems a lot.
I have one on 22nd and 28th from Sainsbury’s.

cornishpatsy Wed 16-Dec-20 17:01:51

A limit to the number of items has to be set to stop the selfish stockpiling that has happened and will get worse as Brexit approaches.

Anniezee Wed 16-Dec-20 16:07:30

It is not a big shop when you are doing two weeks together plus Christmas because you can't get a slot nearer to Christmas. Unfortunately I cannot use any other supermarket as I was only registered with Tesco before Covid hit - no supermarkets are taking on new registrations.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Dec-20 12:35:39

I think it’s so the vans can carry deliveries for more people as well and to hinder stockpiling. 95 is quite a lot, but we are only two, I book deliveries ahead and top up from Iceland if necessary.

janeainsworth Wed 16-Dec-20 12:32:05

Other supermarkets are available.
I’ve used Morrison’s & Asda throughout the pandemic, both have been very good.
When I looked yesterday, Morrison’s still had slots available before Christmas in my area (Northumberland).

glammanana Wed 16-Dec-20 12:26:10

By the way my list includes my DDs shop for my 2 x DGSs birthdays and New Year.

glammanana Wed 16-Dec-20 12:23:56

Crazy idea Anniezee I have had to order two deliveries two days apart 20th-22nd which I was very lucky to get when the dates where first released,the delivery slots are not very good 2pm -10pm both days plus the cheek of charging two lots of delivery charges do they have 95 items on their click and collect option I wonder I must take a look.

YorkLady Wed 16-Dec-20 12:20:08

Go back and revisit your list. 5 loose bananas count as 5 items but you can get 1 item of a bag of 5 bananas!!!
Loose potatoes are similar. It’s crazy but 95 items is some big shop.
Hope that helps.

Anniezee Wed 16-Dec-20 12:15:00

Just had my last Tesco delivery before Christmas - the last and nearest one to Christmas that I could get. So I was doing two week's worth of shopping plus extra for Christmas in one delivery. When I got to the check out I found that they have a maximum of 95 items in one delivery! Absolutely crazy. Apparently this is to allow others to have a full choice of groceries. So I had to go through my basket and remove things - really not helpful Tesco! "Every little helps" - with the emphasis on little I think!