Gransnet forums

Chat

Flooding, anyone else?

(4 Posts)
mrsgreenfingers56 Thu 21-Jan-21 11:30:38

Woke up this morning to find the brook at the bottom of our garden burst it's banks last night. I had my eye on during the snow storm we had. Water three steps from the house. Lucky not made it up to the property yet and hopefully will go down now. But to anyone who is flooded in their house and had to leave I am thinking of you. Well the ducks think it is their birthday swimming through the hedge into the garden!

Sparklefizz Thu 21-Jan-21 13:13:46

So sorry to hear that mrsgreen and do hope that your house stays safe and dry.

PamelaJ1 Thu 21-Jan-21 13:24:10

I am glad you haven’t been flooded but you must still be very anxious.
Mother Nature really doesn’t like us at the moment. A friend sent a photograph to me yesterday of the road in front of a new small housing development. The road has never flooded before.
There was a lot of opposition to the development because of the water table and the inadequate sewage services.
I hope prospective buyers see the photos. The houses haven’t actually been flooded so the builder probably won’t have to mention a near miss on the sales questionnaire.

SuzannahM Thu 21-Jan-21 14:26:47

I feel for people who have been flooded too - we got flooded about 10 years ago and it's a horrible thing to live through. I hope the waters recede MrsG, and the ducks with it!