Gransnet forums

Chat

Views on Vionic shoes and sandals

(5 Posts)
Aveline Fri 19-Mar-21 18:30:47

Thanks all. The sandals arrived today and I'm very impressed with them. They certainly straighten out my gait. I only wore them for a short time (as recommended) and found that even in that time walking didn't hurt my hip. It felt like a miracle! I've now ordered some trainers as it's not really sandals weather. DH impressed and thought they looked very nice. Not 'orthopaedic' looking at all.

sodapop Fri 19-Mar-21 17:13:38

I have their toe post sandals as I wear these all the time indoors. I did have a bout of plantar fasciitis and the vionics were supportive. They do look good as well. Not sure how they would help with your problem Aveline

MrsJamJam Fri 19-Mar-21 16:55:23

I have had flat feet all my life and funny ankles(!) And I find vionic shoes brilliantly comfortable. Not sure whether they would deal with your particular problem though but might be worth a try.

NotTooOld Fri 19-Mar-21 16:49:56

Have you looked at Vionic shoes on the Amazon UK website, Aveline? Lots of them have reviews from customers which might give you some information. Worth a look.

Aveline Fri 19-Mar-21 14:32:46

Just that really. I'm interested as they sound ideal having built in orthotics. I was born with a club foot. It's not a big problem but my foot seems to have turned increasingly inward when I walk which seems to have an effect on my gait and so I now have a sore hip. I'm hoping that a pair of these might help to 'straighten out' my gait.
PS they look quite nice too.
Any fans out there?