Gransnet forums

Chat

Tips on wearing Bralettes

(31 Posts)
Irisheyes Tue 23-Mar-21 17:09:35

Finding wired bras uncomfortable i am trying out bralettes and wondered if anyone else wears them and if they have tips for putting them on. The Sloggi one isn’t too bad but the M&S ones curl up and I give up!

henetha Thu 25-Mar-21 11:16:09

I mostly wear bralettes now and really prefer them. It started because a troublesome shoulder made it almost impossible to do up a bra.
I've got a couple of M&S ones, a couple of Sloggi ones, and a couple of sporty ones.

M0nica Thu 25-Mar-21 11:14:50

Just been online. Click and collect for food, but that is all.

M0nica Thu 25-Mar-21 11:12:05

Alexa I shop in LeClerc. branches to be found at every ferry port town and elsewhere all across north France, and a good way south, I believe.

Now, I wonder whether they have a website, and would they send to the UK?

Rendella Thu 25-Mar-21 09:54:19

I bought one, and found that it curled up and was itchy. I wore it twice, and in exasperation binned it. Not for me.

Alexa Thu 25-Mar-21 09:51:09

MOnica, if I still wore bras you would have got a new customer for the "supermarket in France" !

Alexa Thu 25-Mar-21 09:48:38

I am glad breasts are now allowed to be breast-shaped and bralettes do look quite pretty. Can you buy bralettes with petticoat or vest attached so bralettes don't roll up?

I have quite big breasts and seem to have gradually given up bras of any sort. I like loose clothing so my shape is not much on view.

farmgran Thu 25-Mar-21 09:45:25

What is a bralette? I don't think they've reached NZ yet, not the South Island anyway. I'm finding wired bras a bit uncomfortable!

CanadianGran Thu 25-Mar-21 05:14:03

Once again I wish I could go to a shop to look and feel the material for these. I looked up Sloggi since I have heard that name brand before, and I see one of our department stores that I have ordered from carries them. There are several models to choose from. Some seem to have padding and others not, but not a very good description is given. There is one called Zero Feel Lace Wireless that looks like it might be nice. Maybe will order this.

I do wear a sports bra when working out or kayaking which is great for not having straps fall down, but don't like the uni-boob look! Every day is wired bra for me, but am in need of replacement and will admit bralettes do look more comfortable.

GagaJo Wed 24-Mar-21 22:23:58

If you double up the padded bits in the right place, they can even create the illusion of perkiness!

Doodledog Wed 24-Mar-21 20:24:46

They are- I’m pleased I took the plunge (pun intended) grin. They are surprisingly supportive, too.

GagaJo Wed 24-Mar-21 20:21:43

Those were such a boon to me when I was recovering from breast cancer, Doodledog. So comfy and no rubbing at all.

Doodledog Wed 24-Mar-21 19:18:16

I got a pack of these from Amazon, and they are very comfortable. They are absolutely fine for being in the house, and I may very well carry on wearing them when lockdown ends, for going out with a coat on, or when I'm not really bothered about dressing up.

M0nica Wed 24-Mar-21 17:27:06

Mind you I could do with replacing my bras and pants. Unfortunately I buy all my underwear from a supermarket in France where they do the pretty flowery ones I like.

Everything I have seen in the UK has falls in the range from dull to looking as if they have escaped from a suit of armour.

BlueBelle Wed 24-Mar-21 17:17:40

I m a C but find all bras uncomfortable, but I find it more uncomfortable to be without one can’t win really
I wear a non wired bra but when I tried a crop top bra I found it just push it altogether like a big lump of blancmange I think they only good for very small boobs
I too wouldn’t dream of dressing any different to normal

Nanawind Wed 24-Mar-21 17:14:39

Asda do a black or white non wired bra. Very comfortable.

WishIwasyounger Wed 24-Mar-21 17:04:19

I'm following this as I've never tried a bralette. I've tried a croptop but find they don't give me enough support.
I'd love to go braless but I can't: it's too uncomfortable. Does anyone wear them for size 32F?

MerylStreep Wed 24-Mar-21 16:52:53

I too have not changed the way I dress. I couldn’t go without a bra as it just spoils the look of your clothing.

M0nica Wed 24-Mar-21 16:47:07

Although social contacts are limited, I have dressed in lockdown as I have when not on lockdown, I am just used to wearing a bra. It isn't as if a bra was uncomfortable or made its presence felt.

Amberone Tue 23-Mar-21 21:24:28

As we're not allowed out do you really need to wear a bra?

I'm only a C cup but I hate being without a bra, find it really uncomfortable having saggy boobs, whether I am at home or out somewhere. I know a lot of posters have given up on bras.

I wear Primark bralette things, more like a wireless bra, with moulded cups that can be taken out for washing. I tried some different bralettes but they were forever rolling up.

Jaxjacky Tue 23-Mar-21 20:40:03

kircubbin2000 I’m following this as the breast clinic advised me to wear non wired bras.

kircubbin2000 Tue 23-Mar-21 20:24:15

As we're not allowed out do you really need to wear a bra?

vampirequeen Tue 23-Mar-21 19:59:46

I've just got a bralette and have to admit it feels more comfortable than even a non-wired bra.

Calendargirl Tue 23-Mar-21 19:43:05

Why either a wired bra or a bralette? Why not just a non wired bra?

MiniMoon Tue 23-Mar-21 19:09:27

All the bralettes I've ever had rolled up uncomfortably under the boobs.
I'm currently wearing non wired bras from a company called Royce. I used their measurements and ordered according. They make bras to fit prosthetics too.

FlexibleFriend Tue 23-Mar-21 18:52:38

If so I also wear Matalan ones with no probs.