Gransnet forums

Chat

How amazing is this find in Egypt?

(9 Posts)
Casdon Sat 10-Apr-21 11:10:50

This has been lost in the wake of other news, but wow!

Do you ever wonder what other undiscovered wonders are left in the world?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56686448

Lollin Sat 10-Apr-21 14:42:08

Now that is amazing! All that history alive for everyone to explore. Makes you want to travel again.

Deedaa Wed 14-Apr-21 19:20:30

This is amazing. We are going to learn so much from the excavations. I'm sure there are still many places waiting to be discovered.

vampirequeen Thu 15-Apr-21 07:23:06

I can't wait for the reports start being published. So much to learn from this find.

Katie59 Thu 15-Apr-21 08:53:01

I’m sure there is a lot more ancient remains to be discovered, for me actually seeing the tombs, artifacts and architecture put everything in perspective in a way the images cannot.
I’d love to go to Luxor again.

Casdon Thu 15-Apr-21 09:03:43

I agree Katie59, when you see for yourself it really brings it all to life. I haven’t visited Egypt, although I’d love to, but went to Herculaneum a few years ago and it was awe inspiring - they are still excavating there, and I’d love to go back.

Katie59 Thu 15-Apr-21 11:37:53

Casdon

I agree Katie59, when you see for yourself it really brings it all to life. I haven’t visited Egypt, although I’d love to, but went to Herculaneum a few years ago and it was awe inspiring - they are still excavating there, and I’d love to go back.

Don’t bother with Cairo it’s a dump Luxor is lovely

nadateturbe Thu 15-Apr-21 11:56:39

How exciting. Thanks Casdon

GG65 Thu 15-Apr-21 12:17:32

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

I remember reading about some texts found in Egypt, dating at around a similar time period, detailing a punishment given to a man for being drunk and a nuisance to his neighbours.

We haven’t changed much in 3000 years!