Gransnet forums

Chat

Room 101 what would you put in?

(176 Posts)
Aztra Mon 03-May-21 10:00:23

For me it's the Horror channel - dreadful music lots of screaming + shouting + mostly z list films arghhh!

FannyCornforth Tue 08-Jun-21 07:55:23

muse

I watch the programme and they explain why they want to put something into Room 101. It isn't always scary things.

Here goes and I'm taking this very seriously:

Slugs because they eat all so many of the plants that I grow to eat and the flowers too.
Ticks - they cause Lyme decease and are sods to get out safely.
Phone menus - I spend ages listening to options, make a choice to then be given more choices. Woe betide, if I press the wrong number angry
Litter louts. I live close to a motorway services and the amount of litter in the slip way and surrounding roads spoils the countryside and is a danger to wildlife.

Why harrigran would you want to put the entire NHS in?

Some have done it but it would be interesting fun to know why some have chosen people to put in. Ben Fogle? Sophie Ellis Baxter? to name two.

muse re the program and 'not always scary things'
Other posters and I were referring to the original Room 101, which the show is named after. It's in Orwell's 1984, and contains the thing that you are most scared of. It's a sort of torture chamber.

Bashful Tue 08-Jun-21 00:38:04

Priti Patel and Boris.

Susysue Fri 07-May-21 12:09:40

Janejudge, thank you. The poor dog. I also wonder whether you need to try and get help for the poor old couple as well. Maybe contact the practice manager of their gp surgery and voice your concerns confidentially as a concerned friend and neighbour x

grannylyn65 Thu 06-May-21 20:21:23

Piers Morgan

Sago Thu 06-May-21 19:11:41

Crocs as nobody should have something so ugly on their feet.

Febreze, it makes me gag.

Waiting staff who wait until my mouth is full and then ask if everything is alright!
I now ask staff to leave us alone to eat, they will know if anything is wrong.

JaneJudge Thu 06-May-21 17:20:18

Susysue

Jane judge please get this poor dog out of this situation. I think you have said in another post that you have a dog. Please go and offer them to take the dog out of this horrible home or phone the rspca. This poor dog is being abused. This poor animal needs help urgently

I am going to have to. The couple are nice to it to be fair and the dog walker comes mon-fri. I am a bit concerned the couple are being abused by their children too now. I suppose under normal circumstances we'd be going out to work, busy on a weekend and wouldn't have noticed.

I have only ever had rescue dogs btw current one is the the most judgemental rescue I have ever had.

Vickysponge Thu 06-May-21 16:58:43

Vickysponge

Jess Phillips ( labour MP)
Little louts

Sorry that should read

Litter louts! ?

MerylStreep Thu 06-May-21 16:56:59

Muse
Your slug problem. Nematodes are your friend. I’ve been spraying for some years now and not a one.
Too late now, though. You have to start in early March.

Vickysponge Thu 06-May-21 16:53:45

Jess Phillips ( labour MP)
Little louts

Susysue Thu 06-May-21 16:48:37

Jane judge please get this poor dog out of this situation. I think you have said in another post that you have a dog. Please go and offer them to take the dog out of this horrible home or phone the rspca. This poor dog is being abused. This poor animal needs help urgently

JaneJudge Thu 06-May-21 16:36:59

Loads of shouting and swearing about the f***ing dog - yep the son is here angry The old man shouted at him to calm down. The carer is here fgs, why on earth do their children behave like that? sad

amblucgeolyd4 Thu 06-May-21 08:52:15

The whole kardashian family.... Over the top body art tattoos especially on women..... Litter dumping louts

Susysue Wed 05-May-21 21:11:05

Covid not cover!!!

Susysue Wed 05-May-21 17:58:43

Yes harrigran , why all in the NHS?? That would include my 27 year old DD who has already spent 9 years studying and working in the NHS to become a doctor and now another 6 years to become an A and E doctor, meanwhile working up to 70 hours a week for a pay which relates to the same per hourly rate as a check out person in a supermarket but difference is, her decisions can be difference between life and death. She and all other NHS staff have put their own lives at risk and on hold over the past year. Every day for months she had seriously ill cover patients to try and save . Perhaps you should read "this is going to hurt" by Adam Kay, an ex doctor. Frighteningly enlightening. Shame on you!!

Onwardsandupwards Wed 05-May-21 15:27:45

Bad spelling
Bad manners
Cruelty to anyone or anything
Amanda Holden

gillyjp Wed 05-May-21 07:11:22

The cupboard under the sink - no matter how often I try and organise it I can never find what I want!
People who start a sentence with 'So'
Electric scooters - I saw one actually in a small supermarket a couple of weeks ago. It was slung on the floor for people to trip over, while the selfish and oblivious owner was getting his shopping ?

Savvy Wed 05-May-21 00:40:14

muse

I watch the programme and they explain why they want to put something into Room 101. It isn't always scary things.

Slugs because they eat all so many of the plants that I grow to eat and the flowers too.
Phone menus - I spend ages listening to options, make a choice to then be given more choices. Woe betide, if I press the wrong number angry
Litter louts. I live close to a motorway services and the amount of litter in the slip way and surrounding roads spoils the countryside and is a danger to wildlife.

Some have done it but it would be interesting fun to know why some have chosen people to put in. Ben Fogle? Sophie Ellis Baxter? to name two.

Sophie Ellis Bexter just winds me up, everytime I hear her voice I just want to scream.

rubysong Tue 04-May-21 23:45:51

People whose negative attitude sucks the joy out of everyone's life. I have worked with a few of these.

muse Tue 04-May-21 23:29:24

glammagran Tue 04-May-21 22:56:57

All the wood pigeons which c**p all over my garden and furniture

Gran16 Tue 04-May-21 22:52:33

People who use innocent children as pawns to hurt others, e.g., in divorce, family problems etc.

Delila Tue 04-May-21 21:43:46

Velcro, coat hangers and cyclists. They all seem out to get me.

Kali2 Tue 04-May-21 20:55:36

Johnson and all his lot, oh and Brexit. Simple.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 04-May-21 20:53:25

People that are cruel to children and animals, scammers, owners who don’t pick up dog faeces, cyclists that bomb along on pavements , adults on those stupid scooters on pavements, flytippers,Gemma Collins, John Barrowman , oh the list could go on

Mauriherb Tue 04-May-21 20:21:50

Reality TV
Inconsiderate people
Stupid adverts