Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(439 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 03-May-21 11:39:22

it turns out that the publicity shy couple were so keen on privacy that they didnt even want the £38 million wedding we were forced into paying for them, blimey, they could have said something earlier, like before the public coughed up a fortune for security, A list celeb guests and more melodrama than an x factor sob story, they are now claiming they wanted none of that because " it didnt feel like their day ", but they went through it anyway, bless em. They told Oprah that they actually had a private exchange of vows three days before, just the two of them were present as well as the archbishop of canterbury - perfectly normal behaviour, , now that they have aired all their laundry in public to the whole world, they are off to work on that private life they claim to crave, At least until the next big interview comes up

Namsnanny Tue 04-May-21 15:45:57

I know one thing for sure and that is I couldn't trust or vote for anyone who behaved as he/they have
But over the pond which is where their future lies, there is a completely distorted view of facts.
'Never let facts get in the way of a good story.'

Jenn53 Tue 04-May-21 15:50:22

Exactly!

Callistemon Tue 04-May-21 16:12:07

I noticed that the new book cover for Finding Freedom includes a subtitle of the "Making of a Modern Royal Family"

Perhaps they mean they have helped with the making of a Modern Royal Family by opting out?

They knew there were demands for a slimmed down monarchy and this is being achieved more quickly with their exit?
Perhaps they jumped before they were pushed.

trisher Tue 04-May-21 16:15:43

Namsnanny

I know one thing for sure and that is I couldn't trust or vote for anyone who behaved as he/they have
But over the pond which is where their future lies, there is a completely distorted view of facts.
'Never let facts get in the way of a good story.'

Given the government we have at the moment I'm not sure anything H&M have done has the same level of deceit and untrustworthiness, so some people obviously don't care how the people they vote for behave.
You could argue that H&M have in fact been too open and honest about things.

Callistemon Tue 04-May-21 16:19:20

You could argue that H&M have in fact been too open and honest about things.

Not sure about that, you could argue that hints and innuendo is not open or honest but malicious.

I was not anti H&M before the Oprah interview, if that is what they wanted to do, fair enough.
But that was a step too far.

Anniebach Tue 04-May-21 16:26:00

Open and honest ? Really? they lied, fact.

maddyone Tue 04-May-21 16:29:33

Perhaps they jumped before they were pushed.

But the Queen asked them if they wanted to be full time working royals or not. They were not being pushed, they were offered in or out right at the start. They chose in, and yet told Oprah that they were discussing leaving for two years before they left. I think that timeline takes it back to before they were married. So they were discussing leaving before they were married, but told the Queen they wanted to be full time working royals. I wonder why?

maddyone Tue 04-May-21 16:30:17

eazybee agreed. Very vulgar.

Anniebach Tue 04-May-21 16:36:43

They were appointed presidents of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, and there was The Queen’ Canopy ,
now the Queen has to appoint someone from an already slimmed down family .

Why accept when they were secretly discussing leaving the country ?

Harry and Meg are strangers to truth

Aveline Tue 04-May-21 16:42:38

I see she's now writing a book about father and son relationships (having spoiled one!)

Ellianne Tue 04-May-21 16:46:20

So they were discussing leaving before they were married, but told the Queen they wanted to be full time working royals. I wonder why?
Maddyone my take on it is that Meghan knew she had to do that early stint in the Royal Family to get herself noticed around the world. It would have been no good to her to have taken Harry back to the States without all the visits, the clothes, royal jewellery etc.
She was just lucky she was allowed to integrate so early on (staying for Christmas before they married) and to be fair she was doing a good job and was popular. What changed?

Anniebach Tue 04-May-21 16:53:19

Ellianne. having to walk behind William and Kate ? . They
stayed long enough for America to accept they were Royal then
off they went , they can now pretend to be what they are not.

Smileless2012 Tue 04-May-21 17:14:35

M has written a children's book called 'The Bench' by Meghan The Duchess of Sussex. Gosh that royal title sure is useful isn't ithmm

Anniebach Tue 04-May-21 17:21:20

And how she suffered to get that title, she is equal to Wallis, a duchess but not a hrh.

eazybee Tue 04-May-21 17:24:28

Meghan and Harry's behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with this government or any other.
'H&M have in fact been too open and honest about things'
Really?
The timing of the possible discussion about the baby's skin colour?
The leaking of Meghan's letter by five best friends, about which she knew nothing?
The denial of any collaboration with Omid Scobie?
The wedding in the garden?

Namsnanny Tue 04-May-21 17:44:16

16.15 trisher, I wasnt clear there I dont think.
Let me explain, I used the word vote because I believe Meghan has hope's to run for President.
Yes it seems a long shot but if you look closely the signs are positive, if she takes her time.
If not, I'm sure she could be eligible to take on Oprahs crown.
Either way I wasnt alluding to the gov.
This thread has enough dignitaries being discussed without bringing the gov. Into it as wellgrin

Namsnanny Tue 04-May-21 17:46:20

Smileless2012

M has written a children's book called 'The Bench' by Meghan The Duchess of Sussex. Gosh that royal title sure is useful isn't ithmm

Seriously!!
That made me splitter smilelessgrin

suziewoozie Tue 04-May-21 18:31:21

This thread is plumbing new depths.

maddyone Tue 04-May-21 18:33:45

Me too Namananny.

Anniebach Tue 04-May-21 18:50:42

Such hypocrisy, when he said he wanted out he said he would fully support the Queen, then gives the Oprah interview, that was support !

suziewoozie Tue 04-May-21 18:54:35

Judging by some of these posts, some of you should try your hands at writing fiction. ???

Smileless2012 Tue 04-May-21 18:54:40

I dread to think what he'd do if he wanted the world to know he wasn't being supportive Annie.

Smileless2012 Tue 04-May-21 18:55:45

I think I'll leave that to the Duchess of Sussex suziewoozie.

trisher Tue 04-May-21 19:02:28

Gosh did you all have a life plan clearly marked out? I remember talking about things before I got married and deciding to do certain things, then finding a few years down the line they weren't working well, and changing, changing again when the first baby arrived. Then there were a few events which made me completely re-evaluate things. I don't think they have behaved at all differently from most young couples from contrasting backgrounds. Just finding their way.

Sparkling Tue 04-May-21 19:03:22

Earnshaw, you have had a lot of response to your post, when I saw the usual criticism by the same couple of posters, I hoped that you and others are not bullied into not opening a subject. If people they are not interested, they don’t contribute and leave it to those that do.