Gransnet forums

Chat

Passports- do all your grandchildren, nephews, nieces

(180 Posts)
Kali2 Wed 19-May-21 08:46:25

have one?

Riverwalk Fri 21-May-21 16:42:42

Alegrias1

Serious question - how can any airline enforce the requirement to have a passport on people who are travelling within their own country? My parents don't have passports so does that mean they couldn't fly this way?

That can't be right surely?

Not expecting you to know the answer or be responsible for what I assume are Mr O'Leary's rules smile, just a general question.

As far as I know a passport/driving licence is required for security reasons - and I suppose an organisation has the right to stipulate who can/cannot use their facilities.

Anyone can get on a coach or train and travel between say Scotland and England - if they they were terrorists there would be a limit to the damage they could do, compared to a full plane.

Photo ID can be checked by the airline to see if the passenger is on any wanted list.

Alegrias1 Fri 21-May-21 16:47:19

Oh I'm not questioning photo ID Riverwalk, I understand that. But its the need to have a passport, specifically that I wonder about.

Bus pass, driving licence, OK, but to say you have to have a passport seems untenable. It seems discriminatory to me.

Callistemon Fri 21-May-21 16:49:46

Kali2

There are very important reasons why any medical professional would not want to give advice on an Internet Forum bar very general advice- without a full history and seeing the patient and recent test results.

I don't think they do generally, but people do ask and suggestions made, usually ending in 'make an appointment with your GP'
Or, in some cases, practical advice may be offered re questions to put to a GP or sites for surgical appliances etc.

I don't think anyone would start offering a diagnosis.

Jannicans Sat 22-May-21 23:01:00

Most Aussies travel a lot? Don't think so.