Gransnet forums

Chat

wokes

(129 Posts)
earnshaw Sat 05-Jun-21 02:36:39

this tidal wake of woke nonsense has to end, many of those fighting these ludicrous battles dont seem to know what they`re fighting for anymore, Just take the new advice handed to university lecturers at Imperial college london, They have been told not to compliment foreign students on their english, .Apparently it could be considered a racist micro aggression. how absurd !
you would have thought a nice bit of praise from a teacher would be welcomed if you had taken the effort to learn a second language, but its just another sign of these ridiculous times we live in, Institutions are so concerned with avoiding every little PC pitfall that they`re tying themselves up in knots , our universities are supposed to be full of the brightest and best academics , yet all many of them seem concerned about is dodging proverbial bullets from snowflakes

Lucca Mon 07-Jun-21 21:33:31

Fennel

Because my poor old brain is starting to lose its ability to discriminate in delicate social situations.
ie I'm becoming more and more tactless .
How can I improve?

Apologies Fennel I think I misinterpreted your post!

Lin52 Sun 27-Jun-21 19:23:53

PippaZ

Lin52

Stonewall. For me mother’s are mother’s. Will never call them anything else. How has Stonewall got so much influence with the Government, they are now trying to ban dissenters disagreeing with them, or at least their Charity status.

Has someone come to your door and said that you should? If not, why all the nonsense. I expect one of the usual "news" sources is trying to wind people up and oh look ... they've succeeded.

Oh dear me , just putting my thoughts, as I am entitled to do.
There is an article on this, you can find it if you want.Google.
Just for a taster

LGBT groups including Mermaids and Stonewall appeal against decision to make LGB Alliance a charity in transgender row.

NotSpaghetti Sun 27-Jun-21 19:50:21

... and I thought this thread would disappear once the mistake in the OP had been remedied by Lucca's screenshot...