Women's urinal - eek!

(66 Posts)
Chestnut Sat 05-Jun-21 18:48:59

Well would you use this?
Here are the details:
Women's Urinal

timetogo2016 Sun 06-Jun-21 09:09:48

I don`t like the look of that tbh.
I have never had a dream where there`s been a toilet in it,but if i used that i would be having blumming nightmare.

Chestnut Sun 06-Jun-21 09:32:15

Ha ha! Just found this analysis of what toilet dreams mean:

www.snoringsource.com/dreams-about-toilets/

FannyCornforth Sun 06-Jun-21 09:44:16

The toilets in my dreams are filthy, broken and blocked

JaneJudge Sun 06-Jun-21 09:46:25

and in view ime are in dangerous places (I have them that you have to go through secret passageways or through a complicated up and down stairs system OR sometimes I have to walk through men's changing rooms

bloody hell, what fresh hell is it that we have to have toilet dreams anyway??

Alegrias1 Sun 06-Jun-21 09:49:05

Many years ago in a bus halfway up the Atlas mountains, interesting facilities in a tiny village we stopped at.

On my way out, a rather posh lady asked me if there was toilet paper. I had to break it to her that there wasn't even any porcelain grin

JaneJudge Sun 06-Jun-21 09:50:50

Amberone

Doesn't it ever rain at festivals? Although even that has a silver lining in that it would keep the floor cleaner than most loos

I have never understood why no one has come up with a solution for having toilets in some sort of (private) cattle grid type arrangement with a cleaning/water spray system that regularly just flushes all the toilets over to clean them and it is all fed into some sort of gulley system

This might not make sense

Luckygirl Sun 06-Jun-21 09:58:20

As anyone who has ever tried to produce a urine sample at the doc's will know, female anatomy does not allow urine to come out in a neat well-aimed stream, but rather it is sprayed randomly about. I fear this "toilet" will be awash in splashes.

polyester57 Sun 06-Jun-21 10:01:25

I don´t understand how it would be six times more efficient, you still have to pull your knickers down and pee, that bit remains the same. How long does it take to click a door open?

hollysteers Sun 06-Jun-21 10:11:59

I was always bemused about the French and their stinky hole in the ground (after visiting beautiful cathedral). They are so sophisticated regarding food, dress etc and yet this blind spot.
They use less soap than any other European nation (fact).
The author Colette fixed one of those rubber hair shower gadgets to her taps and was delighted with her ‘shower’?
Sorry, bit off topic...

Grannynannywanny Sun 06-Jun-21 10:12:53

I don´t understand how it would be six times more efficient, you still have to pull your knickers down and pee, that bit remains the same. How long does it take to click a door open?

Maybe all the details haven’t been included in the article. Perhaps the carousel with the 3 toilets starts to rotate when someone enters and after one revolution ejects the piddler. Now that would definitely speed up the process ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 06-Jun-21 10:13:54

Nice idea in theory but I'm not awfully keen as I prefer privacy. I fail to see how it can possibly save time. You still have to rearrange your clothing to do your business then wash your hands afterwards. However, my festival going days are over.

Galaxy Sun 06-Jun-21 10:14:05

Women take longer at the toilet because biology. Removing clothes, using tampons, etc etc take longer, the answer is more women toilets, it's very simple.

SueDonim Sun 06-Jun-21 14:31:37

Well, guess what I dreamt about last night? Yup. Toilets. I was trying to use a loo but my knickers were so tight I couldn’t remove them. confused grin

lemongrove Sun 06-Jun-21 15:53:28

FannyCornforth

Yes - what is it with those filthy toilet dreams?

It’s to stop you from wetting the bed FC ?

lemongrove Sun 06-Jun-21 15:56:10

Grannynannywanny

^I don´t understand how it would be six times more efficient, you still have to pull your knickers down and pee, that bit remains the same. How long does it take to click a door open?^

Maybe all the details haven’t been included in the article. Perhaps the carousel with the 3 toilets starts to rotate when someone enters and after one revolution ejects the piddler. Now that would definitely speed up the process ?

Now that I would like to see!?

There is a door apparently, but your heads shows, so people can see you ( inhibiting.)
Why not just have a real toilet there, instead of something you have to squat to use, and what about flowy frocks or skirts, and even jeans?

lemongrove Sun 06-Jun-21 15:58:26

It was an idea that two students from Bristol Uni came up with......it probably sounded good after a long night in the bar.

Chestnut Sun 06-Jun-21 15:59:46

SueDonim

Well, guess what I dreamt about last night? Yup. Toilets. I was trying to use a loo but my knickers were so tight I couldn’t remove them. confused grin

There are restrictions in your life stopping you from moving forward and doing what you want to do!

CleoPanda Sun 06-Jun-21 16:03:34

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Ha ha ha ha ha.
Still snorting!
My worst experience was on a Greek ferry heading into a port. After queuing for 20 mins, it was my turn. As I got out of my dungarees, balanced myself over the hole and started to wee, the ferry started a U turn which tipped everything sideways. Flippin good job I was hanging on to the overhead straps.
Traumatised!

SueDonim Sun 06-Jun-21 16:23:32

Ha, ain’t that the truth right now, Chestnut! grin

One advantage of hole-in-the-ground loos is that apart from your feet, no part of your anatomy has to touch anything. That’s a definite benefit in some filthy places I’ve used. A train in India comes to mind particularly. ?

I’ve also read that people in countries with squat toilets stay more mobile and have fewer joint problems as they age because of the flexibility and exercise they gain from using said toilets.

Chestnut Sun 06-Jun-21 17:01:39

I’ve also read that people in countries with squat toilets stay more mobile and have fewer joint problems as they age because of the flexibility and exercise they gain from using said toilets.
That's great news! All I have to do to keep fit is squat when using the toilet. Sounds good to me ?

hollysteers Sun 06-Jun-21 17:46:02

I always squat when using public toilets, don’t want them touching me. TMI
Now I know it’s good exercise!

grannysyb Sun 06-Jun-21 17:51:19

Reminds me of those dreadful French loos, very difficult to use if you are wearing trousers!

SueDonim Sun 06-Jun-21 21:19:16

I think we might need to have done it since childhood, Chestnut. grin Also, I wouldn’t fancy my chances when I’m sleepy in the middle of the night. ?

Shinamae Sun 06-Jun-21 21:28:19

Just no…..?‍♀️

lemongrove Sun 06-Jun-21 22:43:29

hollysteers

I always squat when using public toilets, don’t want them touching me. TMI
Now I know it’s good exercise!

I think the word you need is ‘hover’ not squat.?

My squatting days are well and truly over in any case.