Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Harry’s Memoirs, should he or shouldn’t he

(155 Posts)
Shropshirelass Tue 20-Jul-21 09:21:42

I know it is another Harry thread but …………

I am very sad to read that Prince Harry is going to write his memoirs, I suspect Meghan is behind the idea. I really don’t think he should, to me it feels as though he is constantly broadsiding the Royal family. We all have family difficulties but no good comes of putting it out there for everyone. He should just quietly get on with his life with his family and stop having a go. Anyway, are we really interested? I certainly won’t buy his book.

lemongrove Tue 20-Jul-21 09:22:53

There is another thread already on exactly this subject.?

Shropshirelass Tue 20-Jul-21 09:27:45

Yes, it popped up after I had posted mine so apologies!!!

CafeAuLait Tue 20-Jul-21 09:36:33

Why are you assuming his wife is behind it? He has a mind of his own.

eazybee Tue 20-Jul-21 09:41:28

Memoirs at thirty-six; that is what all celebrities have to do.

It is sad. This should be one of the happiest periods of his life, married to a woman he idolises, two healthy children, living where he wishes, free of boring constraints and duties, yet he chooses to mark it by producing a book which will cause hurt and distress, intentional or otherwise, to those once closest to him.

grandMattie Tue 20-Jul-21 09:45:24

It stinks of revenge. Also the word “dirty linen” and “washing in public” spring to mind. How very, very sad for everyone. Recollections vary as the Queen so aptly put it. He’s done his bit with all those vindictive interviews, now it’s time to lay it all to rest.
What is saddest is that if he hopes to have any further contact with his birth family, he’s well and truly burned his bridges.

Lucca Tue 20-Jul-21 09:46:37

lemongrove

That’s ok I’m sure there will be no repetitive comments….

Mollygo Tue 20-Jul-21 09:53:34

What worries me is, what if, when he stops being of use, would the next step would be the drama of a divorce, and who gets the children?

MawBe Tue 20-Jul-21 10:15:54

Lucca

lemongrove

That’s ok I’m sure there will be no repetitive comments….

Of course not, as if! ??

lemsip Tue 20-Jul-21 10:23:21

Harry has no 'mind of his own' He said What meghan wants meghan gets didn't he. When he talks meghan 's words come out.......... he is not the same harry since she told him what a horrible life he'd had going to all those theme parks and skiing and bahamas holidays where photos show him having so much fun that the great majority of children in the country wouldn't even dream was possible.

maddyone Tue 20-Jul-21 10:25:30

This is not a repetitive comment as I haven’t said it on the other thread. What I wonder is, what does Harry think he’ll gain by writing this book? Yes, I know, the obvious, money, but what else? They’ve already had Finding Freedom (which I haven’t read and don’t intend to read) so what is he looking for with this book? What is he hoping to find or achieve? It’s very strange behaviour to my mind. It doesn’t seem to be the way to find peace of mind, in my humble opinion. Nor does it seem to be a recipe for happiness. It’s quite disturbing really.

eazybee Tue 20-Jul-21 10:35:22

The comments on here are not repetitive; the other thread is poking fun, this one is more serious and contains expressions of concern about the reasoning behind this book, and the hurt it will cause.

25Avalon Tue 20-Jul-21 11:43:21

He is getting publicity here and now which he and Megan need like oxygen if they are to survive.

The book is already written by a ghost writer and almost ready for publication so should he or shouldn’t he went by about 12 months ago.

Tea3 Tue 20-Jul-21 11:48:29

Harry was at his best championing the cause of injured service personnel. He should get back on track.

Jabberwok Tue 20-Jul-21 12:00:25

After the Oprah interview I think they both said that that would be the end of any more revelations or conversations about the RF, yet here we are again four months later with this latest offering which is undoubtedly going to cause yet more embarrassment and deep distress to those he once loved and who still, despite all the hurt already caused, still love him and his children, particularly his 95 year old grandmother with whom he once had a special bond. Why oh why would anybody do this? I can only suppose that trashing the RF is the only way to earn megga bucks as neither of them have anything else to offer. The man he has become?! I'm not too sure that many of us actually like the man you now are, preferring the man you once were. Please don't kid yourself that you are even remotely like any of us. Few if any of us are multi millionaires, Few of us live in such grandeur, most of us have money, health, and other issues that you have absolutely no knowledge of, so don't pretend to be a man of the people with your compassion and understanding, ( except to your once loved family, no compassion for them) because, by your life style and demeanour you are not. It's a tragedy that's for sure.

loopylindy Tue 20-Jul-21 12:07:42

for a couple who wanted to eschew publicity, they're doing a mighty fine job.

Daisend1 Tue 20-Jul-21 12:16:15

How old is he ?give it another twenty years then there just might be something of interest worth putting in print.

Namsnanny Tue 20-Jul-21 12:16:32

You might be surprised by how many people fall for the 'poor me I'm just like you' charade Jabberwok.

Rosalyn69 Tue 20-Jul-21 12:28:13

I actually feel sorry for him. I can’t help thinking he is a very troubled young man who desperately needs to step in to obscurity and take a good hard look at himself and his life.

Blossoming Tue 20-Jul-21 12:47:28

Bit late to be asking, he’s already written them.

Jabberwok Tue 20-Jul-21 12:49:12

I suppose they do Namsnanny,, it's hard to understand why, when they are so blatantly nothing like an ordinary person on an ordinary salary or fixed pension. I too think that P.H is a very troubled man and hasn't really looked happy since his wedding day. As someone said, this should be the happiest period of his life, multimillionaire,beautiful wife, healthy and attractive children (we think!) beautiful home in a fabulous location, staff to pander to every whim, private car hire to ferry them around, private jet for overseas travel, everything prestigious , none of the boring , monotonous RF duty and service. What's there not to be happy about?!

Ellianne Tue 20-Jul-21 12:56:36

eazybee

The comments on here are not repetitive; the other thread is poking fun, this one is more serious and contains expressions of concern about the reasoning behind this book, and the hurt it will cause.

To a tee eazybee.
That's what I like about most GNs. They can have a laugh on a thread without any attacks. On other threads about the same subject they can be more serious.
This thread bears no resemblance to the other one and is not repetitive.

Namsnanny Tue 20-Jul-21 13:20:36

Jabberwok

I suppose they do Namsnanny,, it's hard to understand why, when they are so blatantly nothing like an ordinary person on an ordinary salary or fixed pension. I too think that P.H is a very troubled man and hasn't really looked happy since his wedding day. As someone said, this should be the happiest period of his life, multimillionaire,beautiful wife, healthy and attractive children (we think!) beautiful home in a fabulous location, staff to pander to every whim, private car hire to ferry them around, private jet for overseas travel, everything prestigious , none of the boring , monotonous RF duty and service. What's there not to be happy about?!

I think the grass is always greener for some.

maddyone Tue 20-Jul-21 13:21:58

When the book is published and the backlash begins, what will Harry think then? Is he looking for a backlash? Is he actually trying to cause problems? I just can’t understand the motivation for doing this, especially after Finding Freedom, only a year ago, and the interview, only a few months ago. Does he actually enjoy causing the furore that this book will most likely cause? I’m truly puzzled by this behaviour.

Smileless2012 Tue 20-Jul-21 13:30:39

If I were H's GM, father or brother I would be furious but my overriding concern would be for state of his mental health. I would also have concern for the well being of my GGC, GC or nephew and niece as neither parent seems to have the slightest idea of what is, and is not appropriate.

I sincerely hope that this time rather than keeping quiet, a member of the RF calls them out when this trash is published and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's William.

At the very least I would not want the forth coming Christening to be in the UK and certainly wouldn't want to be a part of it.