Gransnet forums

Chat

Beware of covid digital passport scam

(6 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Sat 31-Jul-21 18:27:54

I have attached a screenshot of a text I received this afternoon. I thought it looked suspicious and looked online and found it’s a scam.

This is is the info from the police on this scam..

The NHS vaccine pass, which is free, can be used to prove you’re vaccinated against coronavirus before attending events or when travelling abroad.

It appears scammers are already trying to use this scheme as part of a bid to trick people out of cash. Fake emails on the Covid-19 vaccine passport have also been reported in other parts of the country.

Please do not click the link. The scam works by getting people to click the link to take them to a fake site, designed to look like the NHS.

They will ask you to fill in your personal information and payment details for a small fee, sometimes called an administration fee. The details will then be used to take more money from your bank account

V3ra Sat 31-Jul-21 18:51:54

Thanks for the warning Grannynannywanny ?

Teacheranne Sat 31-Jul-21 19:10:30

The option to get one of these passports has been added to the NHS App ( not the Covid one used to record tests, get pinged etc) and you can either get a domestic version or a travel one. They are available immediately as a download on your phone including a Q code which can be scanned at say a concert or airport, you can also get a paper copy. The one on your phone expires in a month and then you can just get another if you need one.

It all worked for me when I tried it a couple of days ago. There is no cost for this.

Hellogirl1 Sat 31-Jul-21 23:10:56

How do I get one without a mobile phone?

Shinamae Sat 31-Jul-21 23:12:57

??

welbeck Sat 31-Jul-21 23:18:31

Hellogirl1

How do I get one without a mobile phone?

have you tried ringing 119