Gransnet forums

Chat

Boots, the Store, not the Footwear

(19 Posts)
annodomini Sat 09-Jul-22 18:23:42

Has anyone else attempted to navigate Boots web site? It is, by far, the slowest and least efficient site I have ever come across. It's almost as if they don't want to hear from you. I was trying to report my Advantage card lost, They asked for my card's number. Yes= but I've lost it! I found a log-in page. Forgotten password. Yes, if I ever had one. Get a new password. Email received after a pause. New password agreed. Back to log-in. And there it stalled. I don't think they want me to have a replacement card and meanwhile I have lost a considerable number of points!

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Jul-22 18:28:23

You can go in store and get a new card.

Jemimasmum Sat 09-Jul-22 18:30:58

Yes I order things from Boots online if I can't get into town. That little wheel goes round for ages before you can see anything.

AreWeThereYet Sat 09-Jul-22 18:40:34

I don't think the website will help unless you have linked the card to your account - in which case if you go to 'manage my Advantage card' it will allow you to report it stolen and produce a new online card for you. Plastic cards I think have to come from a store (not really sure, don't use one now I have the app on my phone).

DanniRae Sun 10-Jul-22 07:36:15

I have never managed to use my Advantage card when I order online!

Soozikinzi Sun 10-Jul-22 07:40:43

I was put off buying anything from Boots since I found out they've avoided over £1 billion in taxes.

Shinamae Sun 10-Jul-22 07:41:04

Boots website is not fit for purpose…..

H1954 Sun 10-Jul-22 07:41:56

☝️☝️☝️ What AreWeThereYet said

RichmondPark Sun 10-Jul-22 10:10:22

Don't know about their website, but their shops seem run down, expensive, not very clean and the service is always slow. I remember them being bright, clean and modern and now they look like they're going the way of WHSmith.

Chestnut Sun 10-Jul-22 10:12:21

Well I have just gone back to Boots. I discovered my Superdrug card wasn't linked to my account (which I'm sure it was). It wouldn't link, told me to contact customer services. Guess what, there is no Superdrug customer services. You cannot phone Superdrug for help, there is no phone number. That's it, I'm out. Placed my order with Boots with no trouble.

Galaxy Sun 10-Jul-22 10:13:12

Superdrug website is awful too, perhaps it's a thing.

DanniRae Thu 14-Jul-22 15:21:43

I ventured into Boots today and, happily, bought sun cream etc for my holiday. The problems started when I returned home and decided to look at my purchases and the receipt. Purchases all good - Receipt absolute gobbledygook shock
Mr R, confidently said "Let me have a look" but after I had laid everything out for him to see what I had bought he had to give up too.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

MattJo Thu 14-Jul-22 16:24:03

Fully agree, the website is awful. I also lost my original Advantage Card and got a new one in store. However, trying to register lost card and new substitute and transfer my points proved impossible. As a result I lost the £14+ sitting on my old, lost card as the points were cancelled due to being "past their use-by date". No-one in store could help and the website just went round in circles. I lost the points/money and Boots lost a customer.

icanhandthemback Thu 14-Jul-22 16:27:36

Try ringing them: 0345 124 4545. I have found them to be helpful in the past.

Chestnut Thu 14-Jul-22 16:52:19

At least they have a number to ring, unlike Superdrug who has no customer services!

icanhandthemback Thu 14-Jul-22 17:39:59

Chestnut

At least they have a number to ring, unlike Superdrug who has no customer services!

Annoying but they do have a Chat page or you can tweet them.

Sussexborn Thu 14-Jul-22 17:44:07

I gave up trying to sort out problems with Boots as my very old card was no longer useable and we just kept going round in circles. In the end I spent the points on goods then started a new card.

dolphindaisy Thu 14-Jul-22 17:45:39

I have only visited a Boots branch twice in the last couple of months (two different branches) and on both occasions the assistant who served me was very unhelpful, I would even say bad tempered, ( I always try to be cheerful and polite in shops) it was also obvious they want customers to use the self-service checkouts which I hate, in my opinion this is doing away with jobs, I'm reluctant to shop at Boots in future.

MayBee70 Thu 14-Jul-22 17:51:37

I started a thread last week because I’d messed up an order and didn’t click the right thing to get a free one in a buy one get one free offer. I’m sure that any other company would have sent me the free items I thought I was buying. Their website is terrible and wouldn’t let me change the delivery address. What I did find that is the best way to get an instant response from most companies is to message them via Facebook. I’ve tried this several times with other companies and did get an instant reply from Boots even though their response was your mistake your problem.