Gransnet forums

Chat

Loving it.

(4 Posts)
beautybumble Tue 09-Mar-21 11:11:30

Hi. Does anyone on here do a lot of sewing? I seem to have become obsessed just lately, every day I can't wait to make something new. I started off making little zipper bags, some of which I gave away as gifts, and then on to making tote bags. All different styles and colours and each one ends up looking amazing. I'm just loving it all.
Do you like creating new things? If so, what do you like to make? It's always nice to be able to 'show off' something new, but these days I have to make do with pictures on whatsapp. I know very few people who enjoy this craft, so it would be nice to hear from anyone that does. Thanks guys. Hope you're all ok and well.

FannyCornforth Tue 09-Mar-21 11:17:00

There are lots of threads on here about sewing, knitting and other crafts. I'm surprised that you haven't seen them!
I started a thread called Look what I made, perhaps you could post a picture on there?

Blossoming Tue 09-Mar-21 11:40:59

Have a look in the ‘Arts and Crafts’ forum beautybumble. Some very talented Grans here. I love hand sewing, I find it so relaxing to sit and stitch. I don’t seem to have had much time for it lately!

Ilovecheese Tue 09-Mar-21 12:46:53

I also love sewing, and made a bit of a living from it at times. But, like you, not really any of my friends enjoy it. I do belong to The Quilter's Guild, so used to meet other "sewists" there, although not of course at the moment.