Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(438 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 03-May-21 11:39:22

it turns out that the publicity shy couple were so keen on privacy that they didnt even want the £38 million wedding we were forced into paying for them, blimey, they could have said something earlier, like before the public coughed up a fortune for security, A list celeb guests and more melodrama than an x factor sob story, they are now claiming they wanted none of that because " it didnt feel like their day ", but they went through it anyway, bless em. They told Oprah that they actually had a private exchange of vows three days before, just the two of them were present as well as the archbishop of canterbury - perfectly normal behaviour, , now that they have aired all their laundry in public to the whole world, they are off to work on that private life they claim to crave, At least until the next big interview comes up

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 11:41:46

Haven't we covered all of this already?

Emily49 Mon 03-May-21 11:53:01

Got any views on Brexit, Earnshaw? grin

Anniebach Mon 03-May-21 12:11:20

Who forced Harry to get on the bus with James Cordon

Who forced Meg to have the interview with Oprah

So cruel to do this to a couple who want to live private lives

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 12:17:06

I hope that Lucca is busy elsewhere today...

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 12:18:30

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh?????????????????????

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 12:18:32

Oh no! I've just seen Lucca on the Room 101 thread ?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 03-May-21 12:19:42

earnshaw you’ve just made annies day?????

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 12:20:00

suziewoozie

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh?????????????????????

Oh no! Too late! Nurse!

Ro60 Mon 03-May-21 12:20:28

???? sorry ??

Peasblossom Mon 03-May-21 12:20:45

Been a bit quiet lately.

Are you part of their publicity team, earnshaw??

Lucca Mon 03-May-21 12:26:07

Not to disappoint FC.... I await new and interesting material with bated breath,

Ellianne Mon 03-May-21 12:26:36

earnshaw is only pointing out that this is set to run and run. No sarcasm needed.
I think Harry was at some event/concert (?) in LA last night pontificating again, so we can expect more of this.
I hardly think the content was as important as Brexit but the Sussexs have done a deal and will have to live with it.

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 12:27:52

Ellianne - 'no sarcasm needed'
Oh bugger...

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 12:28:56

These threads are always such a showcase for GN ?

Smileless2012 Mon 03-May-21 12:32:31

Anyone's entitled to start a thread and if people don't want to read and/or post they don't have too. Interesting how those who 'hate' anything posted about H & M always come on any thread that's about themhmm.

Alegrias1 Mon 03-May-21 12:33:22

I had to google it (glutton for punishment) and indeed, yes, there was some event in LA last night. About vaccines. And you know what, the Pope spoke there! And President Biden! Is there no end to this celebrity culture?

Amazingly nobody seems to have mentioned any weddings....

Lucca Mon 03-May-21 12:34:08

suziewoozie

These threads are always such a showcase for GN ?

Yes that’s been said many times before too!!

JaneJudge Mon 03-May-21 12:34:28

Eddie Vedder played at the concert which I'm a bit envy about

Lucca Mon 03-May-21 12:34:47

Wrong quote sorry !! Ignore ignore ignore

Ellianne Mon 03-May-21 12:35:28

Why are some posters so horrible to Annie and to me (and to earnshaw here) on these threads? I can accept you have different opinions on the subject but your contributions add nothing and just provoke dissent.
If you are not interested, please go away!

And I only came on GN to post a photo of my long coastal path walk, so I am certainly not sitting around waiting for the next M & H thread like some.

Lucca Mon 03-May-21 12:35:38

Smileless2012

Anyone's entitled to start a thread and if people don't want to read and/or post they don't have too. Interesting how those who 'hate' anything posted about H & M always come on any thread that's about themhmm.

This has been said before many times

FannyCornforth Mon 03-May-21 12:36:03

Smileless2012

Oh come on!
It's like a special family event!
We all know our roles and play up to them.
We're all having a bit of a laugh. ?

suziewoozie Mon 03-May-21 12:36:58

Smileless2012

Anyone’s entitled to respond how they want to any thread or post and to read any thread or post they want. I’m not sure what you’re trying to say other than leave us alone to criticise M and H as much as we want? The answer to that is Nope.

Ellianne Mon 03-May-21 12:37:40

X post Smileless. I agree.

At least Alegrias is on the right lines with her comment about this all pervasive celebrity culture.