Gransnet forums

Chat

Snippets and quotes that hit the mark

(13 Posts)
Elegran Thu 19-May-22 10:05:13

Poem written in the form of a bulleted To Do List

Brian Bilston (from Facebook www.facebook.com/BrianBilston/ )

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 19-May-22 10:10:00

Sounds like my day, particularly Today.

Very good.

Aldom Thu 19-May-22 10:15:04

Love it. I'll read it out at our poetry group this morning. It will raise a few smiles of recognition. smile

sodapop Thu 19-May-22 12:33:57

Thats great Elegran and so true. I recognise myself there .

Elegran Thu 19-May-22 13:25:40

True for more than poetry writing - we'll do anything before getting to grips with what we should be doing.

biglouis Sat 21-May-22 23:08:03

I enjoyed that. My relatives sometimes mock me (gently) because I am a planner and a maker of lists.

Mine dont include stroking the cat as I dont have one. But occasionally giving myself permission to play a game of solitairre or take a break. If I have to get up from the computer and do something I try to combine it with going to the loo so that I can do too jobs at once.

Granny23 Sat 21-May-22 23:19:00

Probably only broad Scots speaking me but I read that as 'Going to the loo so I can do two jobbies at once'.

FannyCornforth Sun 22-May-22 09:20:29

It’s got amazing rhythm.
I love poems like that - great to perform
I’m a bit of a heathen when it comes to poetry ; ‘I don’t know much about poetry, but I know what I like’ sort of thing! smile

Baggs Sun 22-May-22 09:28:03

G23, grin

AGAA4 Sun 22-May-22 09:36:04

That poem sounds a bit like my day. The days go by so quickly and I sometimes think the jobs I have completed have only taken up a few hours. So where has the rest of the day gone?

biglouis Wed 25-May-22 00:38:22

That cat would have its fur worn away.

My great niece has a cat that always lies on one side. She is convinced its going to wear the fur away on that side and tries to encourage it to lie on the other. The cat just looks at her in disgust.

Poppyjo Wed 25-May-22 01:03:33

Love this. Very clever too. Thank you

YorkLady Wed 25-May-22 07:54:37

He is excellent. You can follow him on Twitter. Yesterday’s poem is a rework of Rudyard Kiplings If……it’s very on trend politically ???
I’m sorry but I can’t post links ( I’m going to have to learn that)
Would appreciate anyone who could do that for me. Thanks