Gransnet forums

Chat

I Don't Believe it!

(14 Posts)
MibsXX Mon 23-May-22 15:00:51

Am so disheartened, finally got a couple of ebay sales over the weekend, not a lot just a tenner worth after fees, but was enough to buy a very large sack of potatoes and put a little bit of leccy on the meter to cook some with tonight.....we are out of swede and it really wasn't nice raw. I put some washing out as well this morning. Just popped out to fetch some nice fresh potatoes in for dinner, I put them in a concrete shed, locked, and someone not only has broken my landlords shed door, which I will have to fix somehow, they've also stolen our bag of spuds and 3/4 of the washing that was out! That's all our food gone, and most of the warm jumpers and socks. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe my feelings right now, and have no idea how I am going to explain to the family that since the triumphant text I sent them this morning re a nice dinner tonight and them arriving home, its all gone. We're probably poorer than the thieves were!

Blossoming Mon 23-May-22 19:31:28

Report it to the police.

Greenfinch Mon 23-May-22 20:26:14

I am so sorry you have had such a bad experience. Thinking of you.

Skye17 Mon 23-May-22 20:38:33

So sorry to hear that, MibsXX.

welbeck Mon 23-May-22 21:59:08

neither do i.
re the title.

Georgesgran Mon 23-May-22 22:00:43

One year our neighbour went to his allotment - looking forward to digging up his Jersey Royals, only to find someone had got there before him. He can laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn’t funny.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 23-May-22 22:45:11

Raw swede?

crazyH Mon 23-May-22 22:48:50

I don’t believe it either ?

Sago Mon 23-May-22 23:18:00

Me too!

grandtanteJE65 Tue 24-May-22 12:30:42

Have you a household insurance policy? Is so, phone the police and report the theft then the insurance company and remember to tell them that you have reported the theft to the police, and that the missing items were in a locked shed that has been broken open.

No need to tell them the washing was on the clothes line - the weather is so changeable you could well have been drying it in the shed.

M0nica Tue 24-May-22 15:29:36

Go to the police.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 24-May-22 17:36:58

Somehow I don’t believe this one. Only potatoes for ‘a nice dinner’ and raw swede before that?

M0nica Tue 24-May-22 19:29:48

Bored teenagers.

HowVeryDareYou Tue 24-May-22 20:45:33

What tosh. £10 spent on electricity and a bag of spuds? Raw swede? All the food gone (a bag of spuds doesn't make a "nice meal")