An Oxford comma walks into a bar where it spends the evening watching the television, getting drunk, and smoking cigars.
• A dangling participle walks into a bar. Enjoying a cocktail and chatting with the bartender, the evening passes pleasantly.
• A bar was walked into by the passive voice.
• An oxymoron walked into a bar, and the silence was deafening.
• Two quotation marks walk into a “bar.”
• A malapropism walks into a bar, looking for all intensive purposes like a wolf in cheap clothing, muttering epitaphs and casting dispersions on his magnificent other, who takes him for granite.
• Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything.
• A question mark walks into a bar?
• A non sequitur walks into a bar. In a strong wind, even turkeys can fly.
• Papyrus and Comic Sans walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out -- we don't serve your type."
• A mixed metaphor walks into a bar, seeing the handwriting on the wall but hoping to nip it in the bud.
• A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
• Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They converse. They depart.
• A synonym strolls into a tavern.
• At the end of the day, a cliché walks into a bar -- fresh as a daisy, cute as a button, and sharp as a tack.
• A run-on sentence walks into a bar it starts flirting. With a cute little sentence fragment.
• Falling slowly, softly falling, the chiasmus collapses to the bar floor.
• A figure of speech literally walks into a bar and ends up getting figuratively hammered.
• An allusion walks into a bar, despite the fact that alcohol is its Achilles heel.
• The subjunctive would have walked into a bar, had it only known.
• A misplaced modifier walks into a bar owned a man with a glass eye named Ralph.
• The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
• A dyslexic walks into a bra.
• A verb walks into a bar, sees a beautiful noun, and suggests they conjugate. The noun declines.
• A simile walks into a bar, as parched as a desert.
• A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to forget.
Granny23 Tue 27-Oct-20 23:54:20
crazyH Wed 28-Oct-20 00:22:03
GrandmasueUK Wed 28-Oct-20 00:52:00
V3ra Wed 28-Oct-20 06:54:08
FannyCornforth Wed 28-Oct-20 07:29:45
Kate54 Wed 28-Oct-20 07:34:30
Pantglas2 Wed 28-Oct-20 07:36:31
sodapop Wed 28-Oct-20 07:40:40
Riverwalk Wed 28-Oct-20 07:41:19
GrannyLaine Wed 28-Oct-20 08:26:52
granfromafar Wed 28-Oct-20 08:30:59
Oopsadaisy4 Wed 28-Oct-20 08:32:04
FannyCornforth Wed 28-Oct-20 08:43:06
Oopsadaisy4 Wed 28-Oct-20 08:46:53
FannyCornforth Wed 28-Oct-20 08:52:40
Teetime Wed 28-Oct-20 09:06:32
Alexa Wed 28-Oct-20 09:32:36
trisher Wed 28-Oct-20 09:35:42
Elegran Wed 28-Oct-20 09:38:48
Daddima Wed 28-Oct-20 09:42:57
JackyB Wed 28-Oct-20 09:47:18
JackyB Wed 28-Oct-20 09:47:26
lemongrove Wed 28-Oct-20 09:47:56
lemongrove Wed 28-Oct-20 09:50:06
lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:00:53