Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

Women with elderly relatives in toe.

(11 Posts)
Esspee Sun 15-May-22 11:06:03

I have just read this in The Herald on Sunday, a Scottish newspaper of similar stature to the Times, the Telegraph and the like.
Made me wonder if we elderly grans have shrunk so much that we can be accommodated in a toe. If so I bagsy the big toe.

Caleo Sun 15-May-22 11:07:45

Could it have been a printing error?

Caleo Sun 15-May-22 11:08:53

Maybe caused by the same weakness that TV subtitles have?

Kalu Sun 15-May-22 11:19:50

I noticed this too this morning. Tut, tut whichever editor passed this one.

I bagsy the other big toe. ?

silverlining48 Sun 15-May-22 11:32:38

I have a perfectly respectable big toe and happy to swap it fir another preferably without severe arthritis, because current toe is inflexible and makes walking with my new hip awkward.

Any takers? Only one owner ....Anyone? Thought not, you are all too sensible to get taken in by my big arthritic painful toe.
Come to think of it there are times when I do actually need a tow.

Kalu Sun 15-May-22 12:15:01

Sorry I can’t oblige silverlining but I have enough bits of my own body falling apart. You have my sympathy though.

Currently recovering from a broken hip, (I tripped in the garden)??‍♀️

silverlining48 Sun 15-May-22 12:58:25

Kale Oh so sorry my sympathy to you too. Was told by physio Friday that a fall is my biggest risk post THR.
Please do join us on the hip thread if you have any questions, we are all learning from each other.

silverlining48 Sun 15-May-22 12:59:37

Kalu. Apologies, I type the correct letter but the iPad has a mind of it’s own.

Kalu Sun 15-May-22 13:29:04

I have noticed the thread so may join you. I just have to remind myself my footing isn’t as sure as it once was. Another joy of getting older. Oh well?‍♀️

I have been called worse!?

Glorianny Sun 15-May-22 13:32:52

Well I knew there was a crisis in the care sector but didn't realise it was so bad. Is this some government initiative to solve the problem?

Puzzled Sat 21-May-22 18:52:04

Reminds me of the nursery rhyme about The Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe.
Will that nail it?
Or is my Sole destined to go to Heel?
Knocked L out of that one