Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Carer ringing PIP and left hanging

(6 Posts)
Jess20 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:33:20

Well, braced myself to change the address for my son as recipient of PIP. Took less than 5 mins to get through to change the Carer details but PIP do not offer the same courtesy. Multi-layered switchboard from which we were disconnected several times and finally a call has stayed connected but now hanging on for more than 40 minutes - so far. They say online that failure to change details can result in prosecution but then make it incredibly difficult to comply. Not the first day we've spent trying to do this either, things like medication delivery and actual care get in the way of interminable phone calls. Is there seriously no way to do this online? I have better things to do on a sunny afternoon.

Jess20 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:42:18

Now waiting 50 minutes. What do they think carers do all day? Sit around on the phone?

Jess20 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:46:35

If it was a joined up system I could have informed the PIP office of the address change at the same time as I reported the Carer change of address but sadly the systems aren't linked, not even for something as simple as this.

Jess20 Thu 07-Jul-22 15:51:49

Took 53 mins to get through to a lovely helpful person for all of 5 minutes to sort out.

Septimia Thu 07-Jul-22 18:14:11

I'm pleased you got it sorted in the end, but the waiting time is ridiculous. Persistence pays, obviously.

MiniMoon Thu 07-Jul-22 18:17:56

I'm glad you got it sorted out. It is so frustrating hanging on as if it doesn't matter that you have other things to do.
My DD is now actually getting somewhere with trying to get a definitive diagnosis for my 12 year old grandson. He was diagnosed as autistic at age 4 but has other complex disabilities. My DD has spent hours trying to get help, being passed from one department to another, so after 8 years we are finally getting somewhere. Let's hope we can access more help when we do get a proper diagnosis.