Gransnet forums

Pets

Cats eh?!

(48 Posts)
Jane10 Sun 28-May-17 22:23:24

Just saw this photo on twitter. The caption was 'no I haven't seen the dog. Have you looked outside?'

Katek Sun 28-May-17 22:48:54

Love it! grin

paddyann Mon 29-May-17 00:58:21

our 9 month old kitten swaggered in this morning looking really proud of himself,he had a wee bird in his mouth...I picked hin up and took him into the garden and made him drop it.Luckily it was still alive so I put him into the house and shut him in until I got the poor wee thing sorted out and moved to a safe place.I waited until it ha dflown away .Kitty was pacing along the window sill meeeowing loudly at losing his present for me.So when I came in I spoke sternly to him about murdering birds.My husband thought it was hilarious...cat has taken to his bed in the huff,usually hes in and out like a peep of gas ,not today hes still scowling from his bed as I write ....lol

Christinefrance Mon 29-May-17 08:22:38

Love the pic Jane 10, that cat has such an innocent look on his face made me chuckle. smile

shysal Mon 29-May-17 09:22:36

Made me laugh out loud! smile

ninathenana Mon 29-May-17 09:30:39

What a soppy dog grin

shysal Mon 29-May-17 09:36:14

Just Googled 'cat sitting on dog' and some lovely pictures came up!
Cat sitting on dog

rosesarered Mon 29-May-17 09:44:38

Haha! Love that one Jane?
I feel an urge to look at more of them on youtube!

Jane10 Mon 29-May-17 10:00:16

Those are all such gentle dogs to put up with such treatment!

JackyB Mon 29-May-17 12:09:24

The kittens lined up on the dog are absolutely gorgeous - and hilarious!

ninathenana Mon 29-May-17 13:09:32

smile ?

grannylyn65 Mon 29-May-17 16:13:26

Brilliant!!!!

mimiro Thu 01-Jun-17 23:56:30

roses check out imgur.com
pic post but a huge amount are animals

phoenix Fri 02-Jun-17 00:31:01

Step away from the cat stuff on YouTube, and no one will get hurt!

Way too addictive, before you know it, whole sections of time have gone by.........

By the way, did you know that some cats go all of a doo daa over things made from olive wood, or even actual olives? If you don't believe me, just have a look on.................grin

ElaineI Fri 02-Jun-17 00:40:07

Very funny and cute x

honeypot43 Wed 12-Jul-17 08:35:00

Am completely ruled by my two rescue cats. I've had them for two years since husband died and love them very much, they have a life of luxury. However I want someone to reassure me that i am not killing them with kindness. My little black and white cat Jessy eats very little dry food but loves treats, cat milk, Greek yoghurt and buttered toast. My larger tabby called Willow has one satchel of Sheba, a little dried food but loves a fillet of everyday value white fish. She has one every day and purrs loudly while eating it. Am very alarmed by reading vets articles, but cats so happy, I need to know it's ok

Jane10 Wed 12-Jul-17 08:45:36

I don't think it is OK sadly. Certainly the special cat cream isn't. I always gave it to one of ours as her special treat until the routine vet check up found that it had rotted her teeth. Its nasty stuff. Maybe it's been reformulated though?
Our current one only has Royal Canin Maine Coon dried food and water. He does love a few Dreamies too.

shysal Wed 12-Jul-17 08:55:22

I was surprised to learn recently that fish is not good for cats. I am always being told by the vet that my two are overweight. They have half a Felix sachet in the morning and dried dental health kibble, measured according to desired cat weight, in the evening. I have also heard that the cat milk is not good, so mine only have water. I give them fresh, but they prefer a muddy puddle sometimes!
Your feeding regime could be harming the cats, if it was me I would gradually cut out the bad things.
www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1&aid=1029

ninathenana Wed 12-Jul-17 09:13:45

Our previous cat would only eat fish in jelly cat food. She survived for 10 yrs on that. I'm assuming though that added minerals etc. in the sachets meant her diet didn't consist solely of fish

rosesarered Wed 12-Jul-17 14:52:21

Jane...... that is one ginormous cat ! And a very lovely one too.A brown tabby Maine Coon?

rosesarered Wed 12-Jul-17 14:53:42

Thanks mimiro??

Jane10 Wed 12-Jul-17 16:46:22

Yup roses that's Baz the Maine Coon. He's a lovely cuddly boy but I can't lift him. Its a shame he looks so grumpy because he really has a lovely sweet nature.

callgirl1 Wed 12-Jul-17 23:24:22

Mia won`t drink water or any milk, cat or otherwise, so I feed her the pouches with jelly, In the hope that that is giving her at least SOME water. She probably drinks from puddles, I don`t know, but definitely won`t drink at all at home.

phoenix Wed 12-Jul-17 23:33:50

Oliver Sprout likes the tap turned on, just somewhere between a dribble and a trickle, Digby is quite happy with his water from a bowl.

Charleygirl Thu 13-Jul-17 08:09:38

Tara, if she had a choice, will drink from a muddy pool in the garden.

Jane that is one beautiful cat- he would not fit through Tara's cat flap without removing it and wearing it around his waist!