Gransnet forums

Pets

Drum roll please

(284 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 09-Dec-17 22:37:21

I am to have a puppy. All arranged by younger daughter , son in law and son in law who isn't ? Please be happy for Lottie and for me, we are lonely and the home needs joy .

And my physiotherapist agrees

Friday Sat 09-Dec-17 22:39:04

Grear News Anniebach - I presume you’re calling it Jeremy ???

Seriously though, I wish you joy of your little bundle of fur.

oldgoat Sat 09-Dec-17 22:46:40

That's wonderful news annie .Our little dog is such good company. He's always pleased to see us jand when we take him out for a walk people always stop and chat (sometimes to the dog instead of us!) He's keeping me warm in bed tonight, too.
What are you getting and when? Bet you can't wait!

cornergran Sat 09-Dec-17 23:04:05

Wow. You sound excited annie, I’m happy for you smile.

MawBroon Sat 09-Dec-17 23:05:10

Lovely news.???
Thrilled for you.??
It is impossible to stay down for long with a little furry bundle.
I hope Lottie’s nose isn’t out of joint and it may give her (and you) a new lease of life!

Anniebach Sat 09-Dec-17 23:05:20

I am thrilled, was devasted when Honey died in bed with me. Always had two or three dogs, so quiet now.

I would love a Westie, it will be my seventh of this breed, I have had a forty five love affair with the breed and still adore them, it those fat little bums ?

Jeremy isn't suitable for a girl ?Have had Muffin, Daisy, Poppy, Bonnie, Pollyanna and Honeysuckle Rose , those are the westies, have had more of other breeds .

I am waiting for the right breeder, my brother shows at many shows including crufts , he is checking for me. So am waiting for the good news ?

Anniebach Sat 09-Dec-17 23:07:35

Maw, they do bring joy with them, plus a few swear words under the breath , Lottie will, I am sure be happy to have company . Thank you Maw x

callgirl1 Sat 09-Dec-17 23:17:03

Lovely news Annie.

Jalima1108 Sat 09-Dec-17 23:18:36

How lovely, I'm so pleased for you, she will bring some joy to the house - and keep you very busy. I hope Lottie mothers her too!
I met a corgi the other day - the first time I had seen one in years. She was lovely, brown and white rather than tan. I don't think she understood Welsh though - she lives in England!

Auntieflo Sat 09-Dec-17 23:48:29

Annie, I am so so pleased for you, and just a bit envy. You will love him/her to bits, and be loved and licked and cuddled back in spades. Please don't forget to tell us the arrival date, and all the other soppy bits that we are longing to hear.
Now, are you doing any jigsaws yet???
Love and hugs.

hildajenniJ Sat 09-Dec-17 23:58:36

I'm envious too! Our little dog is 18 now and very arthritic, deaf and has cataracts. DH and I have decided not to have another dog when she is gone.

Anniebach Sun 10-Dec-17 05:23:07

Jamilla, doubt queenies corgies speak Welsh either ?

A puppy to train will help me not to be a banana

Auntyflo, not cleared those drawers to make room for the table yet , granddaughter 1 is going to help when home from university

Willow500 Sun 10-Dec-17 05:49:05

Oh Annie that's the best news ever - so pleased you've made that decision and can't wait to hear when your new arrival is due grin

grannyqueenie Sun 10-Dec-17 07:06:42

That’s lovely news, you deserve some happy times. Enjoy!

kittylester Sun 10-Dec-17 07:56:54

What lovely news Annie! Let us know all about her.

We have decided not to gave another dog too, but the temptation is strong!

Iam64 Sun 10-Dec-17 08:15:03

The best news of the morning Annie. A puppy will bring you so much happiness, as well as taxing your patience and energy levels. Westie's are great little dogs. Looking forward to learning what breed you decide x

shysal Sun 10-Dec-17 08:19:02

How wonderful for you Annie! You won't be bored and she might even improve your appetite smile
Here is a reminder of the Westie bum you love so much.

Grannyknot Sun 10-Dec-17 08:45:57

Annie, lovely news. I think you should call her Netty (after Gransnet). smile

Anniebach Sun 10-Dec-17 09:08:53

Aw look at that bum, ?thank you, shyshal.

Have to be so careful in Mid Wales we are so near puppy farms, the tricks they get up to, frightening . Poor bitches.

Most popular breed in my county are sheep dogs, no prizes for guessing why. Granddaughter1 who wanted a Cavalier now wants a pug, went off to sleep last night counting dogs, six Westies, four Yorkies, two Poodles, two Beagles . Loved them all. Have nine urns in a cupboard , they are coming with me, daughter2 said if I didn't stop there would be no room for me. Choosing a name is getting difficult , daughter 1 had six dogs, daughter 2 has three and had 2 before, son in law has two Yorkie x Jack R, son in law who isn't has their sister. Lottie is use to dogs coming in our home.

My brother will travel anywhere for me, his wife will take an iPad and I can choose the puppy , I can't go this time, stuck in wrong part of town. Be prepared for some boring posts grin

Friday Sun 10-Dec-17 09:43:45

You could run a ‘choose a name for Annie’s pup’ thread on GN and then you’d have plenty to choose from Annie ???

Anniebach Sun 10-Dec-17 09:53:33

And if ten posted suggestions I would want to give the puppy ten names , no, couldn't choose

Eglantine21 Sun 10-Dec-17 10:40:14

How lovely Annie. In time for Christmas?

starbird Sun 10-Dec-17 10:41:24

Wonderful news looking forward to puppy pictures!

Anniebach Sun 10-Dec-17 11:13:13

Hope in time for Christmas Eglantine but won't be able to have pick of litter, never mind , I will love the runt ? Brother just phoned, sounded exasperated- must she be a Westie? Felt like saying any breed as long as it has four legs ?

Jalima1108 Sun 10-Dec-17 11:50:13

I must stop name-hunting grin
Bronwen (Bronnie)