Gransnet forums

Pets

Cat with hyperthyroidism - missed dose

(8 Posts)
WillowBear Mon 06-Apr-20 11:06:07

Hi,

I’m new to this site but I saw a similar thread so I thought I’d ask...

My cat is on Thyronorm (0.75ml twice a day) and I missed last night’s dose. Does anyone know if I should raise her dads today?

Cheers.

WillowBear Mon 06-Apr-20 11:06:54

Couldn’t see the edit button but that’s dose not dads!

sodapop Mon 06-Apr-20 13:07:38

No, as it was only one dose just continue with the usual dosage.

SalsaQueen Mon 06-Apr-20 13:40:29

No, just stick to the usual dose. Is it a tablet? There are better (easier) ways to manage a cat's overactive thyroid. A liquid form of the medication can be given - my (late) cat Stella had a tooth missing, so I used to syringe the stuff into her mouth, through the gap between her teeth.

moggie57 Mon 06-Apr-20 13:46:48

just carry on with the one dose DO NOT DOUBLE UP you can kill the cat...

Hetty58 Mon 06-Apr-20 14:44:52

Maybe we should keep our cats in? This morning, somebody was throwing huge lumps of dried earth at mine.

She was just sitting at the end of my garden. I let the dog out and caught a glimpse of him.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the tiger (with virus) on the news?

Nortsat Mon 06-Apr-20 15:03:37

Oh Hetty, what is wrong with people...
The RSPCA have been repeatedly advising that we cannot catch CV19 from cats and dogs. However animal rescue centres are being overwhelmed by people dumping animals at their doors.

SalsaQueen Mon 06-Apr-20 19:17:34

Hetty58 What a nasty person, throwing stuff at your cat. I'd be round to that house to confront the sod. My cat goes as far as next-door's garden (he likes to sit underneath her shrubs), and I'd be bloody furious if anyone did something to him)