Gransnet forums

Pets

Naming

(44 Posts)
Nanagem Tue 22-Sep-20 13:29:13

We have just adopted a female kitten, she’s had a rough start to life, to cut a long story short my daughter is a vet nurse and the kitten was left at the practice last Friday in a bad state. About 5 weeks in weaned, very under weight and with a bad injury to her jaw.

We have taken her in, and she is now gaining weight, eating well, almost weaned and playing/sleeping well.

The only problem is her name, we just can’t agree. We won’t something fun, but not silly, any ideas ?

downtoearth Tue 22-Sep-20 14:45:03

Beautiful little girl.?❤

jusnoneed Tue 22-Sep-20 14:47:59

My friend has a black cat with white paws and she's called Sox for obvious reason. One of the children said it looked as if she had socks on when she saw her.

nanaK54 Tue 22-Sep-20 14:48:02

Ah, dear little thing
Trudi?
So pleased that she has found a good and loving home

annsixty Tue 22-Sep-20 15:02:35

Sox is a lovely name.
Well done to you for taking her in and giving her a loving home.
She will repay well.

Septimia Tue 22-Sep-20 15:07:41

Snowy-toes or Twinkle-toes? The latter can be shortened to Twinkle if necessary. She's gorgeous.

We usually work through themes with pets' names - we've done Japanese ones, Viking ones, even named one cat after an archaeologist!

Vickysponge Tue 22-Sep-20 15:11:35

How lovely you’ve taken her in. She’s beautiful ?

annsixty Tue 22-Sep-20 15:58:42

Looking at those paws she is going to be a big cat, she is beautiful.

DiscoGran Tue 22-Sep-20 15:58:44

One of our neighbours has two cats, one is Mogsley and the other is Princess Rainbow. I'll let you guess which was named by her GD.

Esspee Tue 22-Sep-20 16:05:50

My grandchildren have named their cat Kitty Purry.
It took a couple of minutes for it to register with me. ?

sodapop Tue 22-Sep-20 16:15:25

What a beautiful little kitten Nanagem you are both lucky to have found each other. Our neighbour's cat had a broken jaw but recovered well, didn't stop him coming in our house and eating our cat's food. He was called Jazzy, the other name quite obviously is Lucky.

Rosalyn69 Tue 22-Sep-20 16:23:24

Love kittens. My son and DIL have a beautiful little kitten called Aika. Japanese apparently - the name not the kitty.

biba70 Tue 22-Sep-20 16:26:38

Good for you, bravo <3

AGAA4 Tue 22-Sep-20 16:49:48

Lucky little kitten she has found a loving home.

vegansrock Tue 22-Sep-20 16:55:04

We had a little black rescue kitten called Coco. It was easy to call her in from the garden and didn’t sound silly at the vets

grandtanteJE65 Wed 23-Sep-20 16:25:52

I use names from mythology for my cats. The cat we had that resembles your beautiful kitten was Sif - the wife of Thor in Norse mythology. She had to be Sif or Sifa, because her brother was so big that he simply had to be Thor, as for obvious reasons we didn't want to name them Samson and Delilah!

They both lived to a ripe old age - they were rescue cats too, so I hope your little one has a long and happy life with you.

Sparklefizz Wed 23-Sep-20 16:35:38

Nanagem She is absolutely beautiful! This photo has made my afternoon. smile How lovely that she has found a loving home.

As she's so sweet and beautiful, perhaps she should be called Bella.

Bluebellwould Wed 23-Sep-20 16:41:31

Well done for taking her in. How about Merry?

Nortsat Wed 23-Sep-20 16:47:32

Delighted to read your story.

We currently have three rescued cats and we just waited for a while until we got to know them, before naming them.

Our latest addition is a dear little boy, who is understandably very food orientated. He looks perpetually worried at meal times, incase he doesn’t get anything. So we called him Oliver, as in Twist, because he always wants some more ...

Ashcombe Wed 23-Sep-20 16:50:22

What a sweetie! She would melt hearts. How about Lulu or Yoyo? DH has had many cats and advises that short names work better, preferably with one vowel sound. Good luck!

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 23-Sep-20 16:52:04

Sparkle. Sparks for short. Just look at those eyes!

Dilemma Wed 23-Sep-20 16:52:40

Megan, so she can be Meggie the moggie!

biba70 Wed 23-Sep-20 16:53:20

I would definitely get grandchildren to name any new pet.

Beechnut Wed 23-Sep-20 17:00:02

If she has any white chest hairs what about Vicar. Who could resist her she looks a sweetheart.

Sarnia Wed 23-Sep-20 17:04:06

Hope might suit her. It seems she didn't have much of that to start with but now she has. Enjoy her.